Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning adult exercise always raises fbg I would have guessed it would lower it anyone else get same effect?

Interesting. My levels go up immediately after exercise (especially in the morning) but come back down. I don't see a big impact on FBG the next day - that seems to be more affected by protein consumption; timing of evening meal and quantity of food the previous day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting. My levels go up immediately after exercise (especially in the morning) but come back down.
My levels do come back to normal after exercise and fbg definitely benefits from exercise. It is just that type of exercise has totally the opposite effect to what I expected when I initially decided to test.

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Talking of horrible numbers 10.1 this morning. Morning effect I suppose, especially as it was 7.2 when I went to bed.

This dawn phenomenon thing accounts for some of it I’m sure...I haven’t tested during the very early morning I wonder if there is a big difference - setting my alarm for 4.00 am one morning may be interesting! Keep going though as I’m sure you have lower numbers during the day like me ?!

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
This dawn phenomenon thing accounts for some of it I’m sure...I haven’t tested during the very early morning I wonder if there is a big difference - setting my alarm for 4.00 am one morning may be interesting! Keep going though as I’m sure you have lower numbers during the day like me ?!
Yes I do. Going to start this as a subject as admin not keen on chatting on this board.