What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
4.7 @ 09.06 (in one sitting, Duck, Parsnip puree, vegetable main course, full dinner plate of nuts and cheese, 3 large coconut pancakes (this was a test)
Well done! K

Tubbycatsmum_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi mines 15.7 this morning. What do I do? Was supposed to see endocrinologist on Wednesday to discuss possibility of starting insulin. It was cancelled because I couldn’t get there because of the snow. It’s been re-arranged in 2 weeks. Is that too long to wait, should I speak to GP?
Feel ok but really thirsty.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hi everyone just got home from hospital and saw consultant which was unexpected,but he told me he had got all of it and I don't need to worry! Fabulous news I felt so relieved I nearly threw my arms around him and hugged him, Thought I needed to share this news now not wait until tomorrow. And all family are relieved has well!! K
Yeh! Granny_grump. What a relief. So pleased for you. :happy: Just trying to keep calm in readiness for my MRI later today. :eek: Enjoy your weekend and go and celebrate:joyful:

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Yeh! Granny_grump. What a relief. So pleased for you. :happy: Just trying to keep calm in readiness for my MRI later today. :eek: Enjoy your weekend and go and celebrate:joyful:

dogslife good luck with your MRI scan wishing you well! K

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.7 at 9am this morning. Awake very early in pain then fell back to sleep after taking pain killers so -later testing than usual. Trying to keep calm about my MRI scan later today.:nailbiting: Enjoy your weekend folks.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi mines 15.7 this morning. What do I do? Was supposed to see endocrinologist on Wednesday to discuss possibility of starting insulin. It was cancelled because I couldn’t get there because of the snow. It’s been re-arranged in 2 weeks. Is that too long to wait, should I speak to GP?
Feel ok but really thirsty.
There's no harm in speaking to your GP, voicing your concerns - mention your extreme thirst and your readings and that you're worried 2 weeks is too long a wait.

Reactions: Goacher55

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone just got home from hospital and saw consultant which was unexpected,but he told me he had got all of it and I don't need to worry! Fabulous news I felt so relieved I nearly threw my arms around him and hugged him, Thought I needed to share this news now not wait until tomorrow. And all family are relieved has well!! K

Hi @Granny_grump_,

So happy about your news. It must be a burden off your shoulders. Glad to hear you celebrated last night -- you deserve it.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Well done! K
Thanks, I took on your suffix of "grump" as the snow floored me yesterday, so I did some weights instead at a low level. I am happy with the number as I forgot to add the bowl of berries and should I admit this....I went back to the cupboard and had more nuts.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning, now into third day of feeling sick nausea, gut ache and diarrhea didn't eat much yesterday didn't test blood all day until bed time last night at about 11:30 PM though had been in bed since 7 PM and blood sugars were at 8.2 started today much the same only had to drive wife to work in snow and ice not a happy bunny this morning.
John there's not a lot you can do when you're poorly...those BGs will rise...no doubt you know how important it is to keep well hydrated...even if you are being sick...any kind of retching is vile...but dry retching is even worse...I really hope that virus runs it's course swiftly...you get some relief.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...late posting...distracted by the 'old lady' I encountered in the mirror this morning (me)...now she has had some attention...ready for my day...swathed in layers of clothing...walking boots...huge scarf & woolly hat...ready for Harrys daily walk...fresh snow overnight...but not snowing at the moment...so need to make the most of that...woke to a flat 5.00.