Get your next Libre to Abbott now!

ECDRUM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Like many I have had an order delayed because of the back order. I had to go back to using BG test strips for a week. To maintain the same control I was having to test 25 times a day. That makes using strips twice as expensive as Libre. There is a message there for CCGs - if you really want to save money and improve care of T1 diabetics thus reducing long term complications make Libre available to all T1s.
If you agree with me please sign the petition at the government petitions website (google government petitions diabetic)
In the meantime I would suggest reordering when you start your second last sensor - but don’t double up as that will only make the backorder worse.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thanks for the link @ECDRUM, just signed.

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
I know! I put my order in on the 12th February and it’s still on hold. I start my last one on Saturday so in theory I should be okay. That’s of course if the last one is A1. Lmao! Normally, I like to have a spare just in case. Hate to do without now - get withdrawal symptoms! Lol!

Put an order in for my son on the 11th February, still on hold. I assume yours is still on hold also?

My son has been using it for the last two years and we have become rather dependent on it. Getting a little nervous, hoping it will be on it's way this week as just over a week left.

Has any one received an order in the last few days and if so when place it?

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Put an order in for my son on the 11th February, still on hold. I assume yours is still on hold also?

My son has been using it for the last two years and we have become rather dependent on it. Getting a little nervous, hoping it will be on it's way this week as just over a week left.

Has any one received an order in the last few days and if so when place it?

Just checked. Still on hold.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Checked at lunchtime and still on hold, check just now and status updated to Created Estimated Delivery: 5-7 working days

Hopefully yours will be processed soon if it hasn't already.

Checked just now too: same message as you, 5 - 7 days.

Reactions: Sibyl

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Checked at lunchtime and still on hold, check just now and status updated to Created Estimated Delivery: 5-7 working days

Hopefully yours will be processed soon if it hasn't already.

Just saw your message and I’ve checked my account. Mine’s the same as yours - 5 -7 working days! Great! Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm now moved from “created” to “picked”! 18 days from ordering now so am guessing that it’ll be longer than their worst estimate of 3 weeks.

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Abbot promised to replace The 4th sensor I bought as it was so inaccurate - that was on 12/2/18. The replacement sensor is showing on the orders section of my account as having been “picked” with delivery in “5-7 working days”
To say Im unimpressed would be a bit of an understatement

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi its the same here in the Southwest,even though they are demistating the device in the hospital I aasked Boots to see if they could order in Plymouth and they say threy are NOT available at present because the CCG stops it

Tell them to read the head office email dated ~3 feb regarding the Libre

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi its the same here in the Southwest,even though they are demistating the device in the hospital I aasked Boots to see if they could order in Plymouth and they say threy are NOT available at present because the CCG stops it

Rubbish. All chemists can stock them for sale. My CCG isn’t on board but my local chemist stocks for private sale. Boots just don’t want to be bothered.

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Petition signed, Bit concerned to be placing an order, having Abott take my money and then wait 3 weeks for delivery. None of my local pharmacists seem to be stocking it, indeed some still claim to have never heard of it.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Rubbish. All chemists can stock them for sale. My CCG isn’t on board but my local chemist stocks for private sale. Boots just don’t want to be bothered.
I know my local Boots to work (in Marlow) didn't know what they were, couldn't find them on their system and suggested looking at the Boots website (/facepalm). My local to home chemist could get them but due to how they did markup and such it would've been a few more quid than Abbott, however I did manage to pick up 2 from my local Asda pharmacy yesterday (though there was a lot of confusion about how to order/get them - luckily I phoned at exactly the right time to get the 2 they had spare).

smw99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine now says picked and I only ordered earlier this week. I did email though to say that the service is hopeless given that they have a great product that is so in demand. I wonder if they are prioritising people who have emailed to complain?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Petition signed, Bit concerned to be placing an order, having Abott take my money and then wait 3 weeks for delivery. None of my local pharmacists seem to be stocking it, indeed some still claim to have never heard of it.

I checked account while the order was on hold and Abbott hadn’t taken the money at that time

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know my local Boots to work (in Marlow) didn't know what they were, couldn't find them on their system and suggested looking at the Boots website (/facepalm). My local to home chemist could get them but due to how they did markup and such it would've been a few more quid than Abbott, however I did manage to pick up 2 from my local Asda pharmacy yesterday (though there was a lot of confusion about how to order/get them - luckily I phoned at exactly the right time to get the 2 they had spare).

Mine is a very local chemist, and I get them cheaper without any problems. He is also sending abroad. I feel blessed! Not as blessed as those in Lothian, but hey ho!

Reactions: Sibyl

daemoncor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Onions.
A girl I know has advised that Asda sell the sensors. They take 3 days to arrive and cost £44 all together. Might be worth checking in your local Asda's too!