Breakfast...Some Ideas Please!!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My diabetes nurse has told me to avoid fatty foods as they are really bad for diabetics,, saying that eggs can be bad for my cholesterol which she says is high at 5.1 and to pretty much avoid cheese which is a shame as I love cheese!!!!!!
Also is bacon not fatty?? Thanks for the helpful responses folks....
I said something really rude when I read that.
Fat doesn't have anything to do with insulin - no trigger to release any no need of it for digestion and use as an energy source. There are essential fats - you need them. Your brain and nervous system are high fat, and require maintenance.
Your nurse is so totally wrong I am actually impressed.
Eggs do not elevate cholesterol - someone has actually done tests, cheese is ideal as long as it is not high in salt - and there is a variation in the carb content, but most cheese is low enough for diabetes control.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Don't apologise Glenn, I'm starting to see the advice given may not be the best!!..
That's OK. I was apologizing to the moderator for using the four letter word for human excrement.
Glenn

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We joke about it but actually 2 squares of lindt 85/90% chocolate. And its not even christmas!

Orangeteddy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I work shifts too and I'm not a breakfast person. On rest days I cook a load of waffles and freeze them. I use ground almonds instead of flour in the recipe to keep the carbs low. I then take a waffle to work which can be eaten cold or warm, and I also take a few cherries and a dollop of whipped cream. It feels decadent but is filling. You could also have the waffle with something savoury, i.e some mushrooms and grated cheese? On shift work it's all about food preparation and planning but some time spent preparing means you can just grab and go.

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
6 soup spoons (table!) thrifty-full of organic high fiber plain oatmeal, semi-skimmed cold milk just about to cover it
7 Medium Size Unroasted Organic Almonds
30-35 gr. 1/2 Fat Turkish/Greek type of White Cheese
A couple of Baby Tomatoes
Lots of Parsley with Stalks
1 free range soft boiled egg of 40-50 gr., organic dried hot red pepper flakes

1 Cup of Black Filter Coffee

Last edited: