insulin resistance type1s

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone im a type1 whos insulin resistant. Currently taking 2.5units of insulin to 10gramsof carb. and im not obese or overweight i have been to dsn but they said sometimes people who are type 1 can get insulin resistant. is there anyone in the same situation as me i havent met anyone whos insulin resistant and not overweight

D

Deleted Account

I find I become temporarily insulin resistant when my BG gets high (over 12) but once I bring my BG down with double the usual correction, I am back to normality.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Theres insulin resistance and then there insulin resistance! 2.5u:10g isn't that high compared to say a T2 with it - they could be taking something like 5u:10g as an example. Activity levels/exercise does have an impact on insulin sensitivity may be thats something to look into?

So long as your numbers are ok I wouldn't worry too much about the amount of insulin you're taking (and your weight is stable).

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey thanks for reply im looking into exercise iv been told it can help alot just find it wierd im so insulin resistance as a type 1 and im not obese or overweight tbh i havent seen many who are type 1 who are insulin resistance on this forum would be good to meet someone type 1who is in similar situation

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is 2.5 units per 10g classed as insulin resistant?
I use 2units per 10g (and have been roughly that for a long time) and figured that some of us just use more than others, not everyone has 1 per 10g carbs, people differ. And I've never been overweight.
I would've thought if you were 'so insulin resistant' you would need a lot more - but I could be wrong. You should see some of the insulin amounts mentioned in the Type2 section of the forums for those on insulin

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like rokaab one of my ratios at 2:10, I wouldn't class my self as insulin resistant - not by a long shot, I'm not obese, overweight? well I'm not skinny! but I'm not fat.

steele.c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there. I’m 19 years old and was diagnosed as T1D about a month and a half ago. I am normal weight. I had all of the text book symptoms of Type 1 (fatigue, thirst, urinating) for 2 years before I decided to go get checked, I was in complete denial.

I have been told by my DSN that I am insulin resistant and that it is because of how high my BG levels have been over the last two years. Apparently it will just take time for the levels to settle and become normal. Hope this helps.

daemoncor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Onions.
I'm currently taking 1 unit for every 3g of carbohydrates. It's nothing to worry about really, we all work differently. If you're concerned though, see your doctor and explain your worries.

x