What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hardly slept last night. Woke at 2.20am; gave in and got up at 3.30am so quite pleased with a round 5.0. No doubt it’ll be extra early to bed tonight.
Love your style @Goonergal please tell me you ain't doing London to Brighton run later as well :playful:

Edit: Didn't realise there was a semi skimmed and full fat thread for fbgs! 5.3 after seeing to dogs. chickens and washing machine so guessing it might have been lower earlier. Not rubbing it in but 9 hours sleep - my dory's feel most hunky!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

above freezing thank goodness ;) managed to get some shopping done yesterday after we shoveled the car out and we've replenished supplies for mr. gee's mum so all good. Have a good day :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone
4.20am 6.3
9.15am 6.5 still nothing to eat between tests so I've given in to breakfast bacon egg and a toast! Have a good day everyone !K
Sounds good GG - can't send eggs by internet but we have about 50 here atm ,, some Cambridge blue some huge brown ones but no double yolks like the last ones - before the badger ate the flock! This lot now roam in a fortress!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Sounds good GG - can't send eggs by internet but we have about 50 here atm ,, some Cambridge blue some huge brown ones but no double yolks like the last ones - before the badger ate the flock! This lot now roam in a fortress!
It is I'm still eating it while posting,sorry about your hens! K

Reactions: ianpspurs

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning Granny_grump. It was nothing like what I'd expected. Very informal. No hospital gown. Had earplugs and headphones on but no music or instructions heard. The noises were not as loud as I'd expected and were quite interesting to listen to. I just imagined the magnets working and counted along with the rhythm. I kept my eyes closed most of the time so didn't feel claustrophobic.When I did open my eyes it was very bright above my head. My main worry was lying still whilst in pain but they placed pillows under my knees which helped and the table I lay on got really warm which also helped. Before I knew it they were sliding me out of the machine. The most painful part was trying to sit up and get off the thing when it was over!! I ached a lot afterwards but that was nothing to do with the scan which was painless. It was with holding myself stiff to make sure I didn't move and spoil the images and the action of getting up afterwards that caused my discomfort. I think the scanners they use these days must work faster as it took 1/2 the time that I was originally told. Perhaps I was lucky to have a modern machine. If so it was worth the travel to another hospital. Who knows? Just hope they find out what is causing so much pain so that I can get back to normal activities. I hope this post may reassure anyone else who has to have an MRI for the first time .Thanks again. Keep well and happy.:)
@dogslife glad you got it over and it wasn't. has bad Has you thought,I had one in Manchester a few years ago but I had to keep my eyes open, nothing to worry about having an MRI. Good luck with your results! K

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love your style @Goonergal please tell me you ain't doing London to Brighton run later as well :playful:

Edit: Didn't realise there was a semi skimmed and full fat thread for fbgs! 5.3 after seeing to dogs. chickens and washing machine so guessing it might have been lower earlier. Not rubbing it in but 9 hours sleep - my dory's feel most hunky!

Been sleeping well lately, so a bit of a surprise. Gym has blown the cobwebs away - and a lovely walk back home along the Thames too. Sun out, temperature up. Best part of the day.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning
6.0 at 06:00 - 7.0 at 06:30 after liver dump . Think need to start metmorfin
What you need to do is take a look at what others on here are eating and test before eating and 2 hours after write down what your readings are and log what you eat everything,this will show what in your meal causes spikes,then you need to check what was in the meal that would have caused the spike,usually too many carbs,but protein can also break down in to glucose if you have too much.So much information for you on here lots of people to help you,some on here have now no meds at all! K

Reactions: Glenmac

lucas12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What you need to do is take a look at what others on here are eating and test before eating and 2 hours after write down what your readings are and log what you eat everything,this will show what in your meal causes spikes,then you need to check what was in the meal that would have caused the spike,usually too many carbs,but protein can also break down in to glucose if you have too much.So much information for you on here lots of people to help you,some on here have now no meds at all! K
Thanks for advice K

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Paulines7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Stuck up people. People who do not care about others. Racists. Intolerant people. Tories.
I slept in to 9.15am today and took my fasting bg at 9.30am. It was 8.0 which is higher than usual.

I did get up at 3.15 and 7.15 to go to the loo and then went back to sleep. Perhaps dawn phenomenon kicked in then.