Alternative Insight Handset 'Carry Case'

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was wondering if anybody uses, or can suggest an alternative carry case for their Insight Handset?
I think it is very chunky, and I hope to find something a bit smaller. I won't be using the fast clix finger pricker which is housed in it either.

Thanks in anticipation!

Christine

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I was wondering if anybody uses, or can suggest an alternative carry case for their Insight Handset?
I think it is very chunky, and I hope to find something a bit smaller. I won't be using the fast clix finger pricker which is housed in it either.

Thanks in anticipation!

Christine

For day-to-day use, I carry diabetes kit around in a cheap pencil case purchased from WH Smith.

Sandymcat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is what I use.
IMG_1520161140.773658.jpg

I still use my old finger pricked too!

Reactions: tircoed and Picci

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is what I use.View attachment 25513
I still use my old finger pricked too!
OOOOOO @Sandymcat I like this! I think under the circumstances I need to treat myself! I assume your test strips fit in you beautiful pouch with your handset! Where did you get the blue protective 'skin' from? That looks like good protection! Thank you! :):cat: Hey, when I talk about finger prickers I mean jabbing myself with a lance:joyful:t! I believe I replied to an older post from you last night regarding pouches, I assume you're all sorted now though xx

Sandymcat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are so many pretty zip bags out there. Cath Kidston, Sophie Allport... this one is a Nicky James. A friend bought it for my birthday. The rubber cover was given to me by the Roche lady who was at all the pump appointments, in other colours too. Maybe you could get one from Roche?
Sorry, this site is a little tricky to navigate, hence missing replies! I shall find your previous reply.
I hope you are doing well?

Reactions: tircoed

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are so many pretty zip bags out there. Cath Kidston, Sophie Allport... this one is a Nicky James. A friend bought it for my birthday. The rubber cover was given to me by the Roche lady who was at all the pump appointments, in other colours too. Maybe you could get one from Roche?
Sorry, this site is a little tricky to navigate, hence missing replies! I shall find your previous reply.
I hope you are doing well?
Thank you so much! You have truly inspired me. I start tomorrow @Sandymcat. You already replied to my pouch post on another thread. I hope you are doing ok too. :happy:

terriellwood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh no it won't let me post my picture!!
#catlady was to describe my pouch

Last edited:

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh no it won't let me post my picture!!
#catlady was to describe my pouch
I am a crazy cat lady, my little boy is a pale ginger moggy, I adopted him from a recue centre when he was a kitten. Sorry, I am off topic now, but I assume your alternative carry case is cat related @terriellwood :)

terriellwood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am a crazy cat lady, my little boy is a pale ginger moggy, I adopted him from a recue centre when he was a kitten. Sorry, I am off topic now, but I assume your alternative carry case is cat related @terriellwood :)
You assumed correctly! image too large to post apparently. Cath kidston cat print x

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
ahh
You assumed correctly! image too large to post apparently. Cath kidston cat print x
I must invest in something, I only started pumping today but I need a pretty carry case asap! Thank you:cat: