What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m a big Nando’s fan too - wings and legs are my go-to, although I find it hard to get enough fat: take my own mayonnaise for the salad!

Hadn’t thought of adding more mayo - thanks for the tip. Still sometimes finding it hard to get my head round the ‘fat is good’ message after a lifetime on low fat diets

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoops! Managed to get my comment in with your quote then. I’ll get the hang of this technology malarky one day.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good call on ketone levels @shelley262

Forgot to measure straight away this morning so had already had a tea with cream, but was still 3.7, so a bit above the optimal range. Also hungry so have downed an extra 30ml of cream and will be feeding today!

Thanks for the reminder.

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all,

Yesterday’s food was

B= 2 egg omelette with ham and cheese.

D= piece of bacon and cheese quiche with cucumber, lettuce and small pot of coleslaw (treat in our fav coffee shop) lowest carb meal I can find in there bar a ham and cheese salad. Shake it up a bit.

D= low carb chicken masala with that awesome Iceland broccoli, courgette and kale rice. Luxury sugar free jelly for afters (Luxury part is double cream) ;)

Have an awesome Sunday day one and all

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good call on ketone levels @shelley262

Forgot to measure straight away this morning so had already had a tea with cream, but was still 3.7, so a bit above the optimal range. Also hungry so have downed an extra 30ml of cream and will be feeding today!

Thanks for the reminder.
Pleased you checked it seemed to correlate with me and always worry a little bit about going into starving ketosis range as although it’s not dangerous think it can impact your metabolic rate?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pleased you checked it seemed to correlate with me and always worry a little bit about going into starving ketosis range as although it’s not dangerous think it can impact your metabolic rate?

Yes, it can. Have eaten breakfast as my early morning visit to the gym sent me shooting up to 7.1!! Haven’t seen one of those in ages. Liver clearly unhappy. Still gym should kickstart metabolism.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all hope good day? I’m thrilled as snow rapidly going so will be able to get out again
Breakfast coffee and cream
Lunch mushroom and blue cheese omlette followed by coffee and 2 x 100% choc buttons
Dinner roast pork belly marinated with fennel and pepper served with braised celery and cauli cheese. pudding small slice of low carb olive oil choc cake and cream
Will have glass of red wine later this evening.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
More normal bed 6.8 FBG 5.4. Went back to TESCO since delivery wasn't coming. The plague of locusts had hit again. Thankfully I didn't need much as no bread, milk, chickens, fish and very little meat. They did have loads of Easter Eggs though!
B. Slice Hovis lower carb seeded with phillidelphia. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Chicken drumstick and thigh cooking in the IP with stock, mustard, white wine and loads of veggies. Having with cauliflower rice. Chia Pudding and raspberries. I think I will have a Campari and soda - haven't had one for weeks.
Snow starting to thaw here too but there is still loads of it.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

A feasting day today to,try and appease my protesting liver, which sent me up to 7.1 after an early morning visit to the gym. Led to a rare breakfast.

Breakfast - Lidl protein roll with salami and cheese.

Mid-morning snack- bag of Awfully Posh Pork Crackling.

Lunch - none

Dinner - Waitrose lamb kleftico with buttered sprouts followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream.

In preparing tomorrow’s packed lunch I discovered the perfect use for the little salad dressing pot that came with a recent Tupperware purchase. 5 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons fit just perfectly:
C46E91FD-B1CA-497E-95E9-5D64F932FD49.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, today I started with coffee and cream - this is a great diet!

B: coconut porridge and a few raspberries

L: mackerel pate ( smoked peppered mackerel fillet smooshed up with cream cheese) and celery sticks.

Mid afternoon: few almonds and olives

D: ‘Skinny Cottage Pie’ )from Mosley’s Blood Sugar Diet recipe book) with buttered kale.
Making some sugar free jelly whipped with cream for pud but dont think it’ll be set anytime soon.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, today I started with coffee and cream - this is a great diet!

B: coconut porridge and a few raspberries

L: mackerel pate ( smoked peppered mackerel fillet smooshed up with cream cheese) and celery sticks.

Mid afternoon: few almonds and olives

D: ‘Skinny Cottage Pie’ )from Mosley’s Blood Sugar Diet recipe book) with buttered kale.
Making some sugar free jelly whipped with cream for pud but dont think it’ll be set anytime soon.
If you add a few frozen raspberries to it and mix it will set in no time at all!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.

A feasting day today to,try and appease my protesting liver, which sent me up to 7.1 after an early morning visit to the gym. Led to a rare breakfast.

Breakfast - Lidl protein roll with salami and cheese.

Mid-morning snack- bag of Awfully Posh Pork Crackling.

Lunch - none

Dinner - Waitrose lamb kleftico with buttered sprouts followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream.

In preparing tomorrow’s packed lunch I discovered the perfect use for the little salad dressing pot that came with a recent Tupperware purchase. 5 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons fit just perfectly:
View attachment 25526
Looks like the perfect pick me up after Arsenal 's latest result. Surely it is squeaky bum time for Arsene? Time to move upstairs?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like the perfect pick me up after Arsenal 's latest result. Surely it is squeaky bum time for Arsene? Time to move upstairs?

Definitely. Love him, but he’s come to the end of the road.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast - 1 pot yeo valley natural yogurt
Lunch - marinated tofu pieces added to a shop-bought tomato & mozzarella salad, 2 pieces 85% chocolate
snack - cashew nuts
dinner - use up what's in the fridge omelette with courgette, leek and tomato, feta and parmesan, (plus 2 more pieces of 85% chocolate - oops!)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a white coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, mixed veggies and one very small roast potato followed by the remainder of the low carb strawberry crumble, that I made yesterday, with cream.
Mid afternoon: Hartleys 10cal Jelly and a black coffee.
Dinner: buffet tea at ILs, cold meats, cheese, salad and one Jaffa cake.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10am coffeesubstitute and cream
12.30pm 6oz bunless 100% beef burger with guacamole and sour cream.
18.30 beef thin rib

And 2 squares 70% choc.

Hi there - Is beef thin rib the same as flat rib? I've never seen thin rib in my local butcher's, but I do have flat ribs in the freezer (another Instant Pot stunner!).

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B: 3 egg omelette with spinach and mushroom

L: spiced chicken breast with avacado salad and mayo with chili flakes in it

D: plaice with herb salad and asparagus stir fry

Snacks:
3 Salted wheat crackers l
1 Cup of Greek yogurt with lemon