Scared of losing my vision

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did experience pain in my temple area before it happened and then it went so I’ll give them a ring in the morning and speak to them and thank you

Reactions: himtoo
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One final thing I would say if you’ll bear with me. With hindsight I read up on it too much. Read too many other people’s stories who were maybe less successful. And it made me a million times worse. You can’t compare. We’re all so different, from time of diagnoses to treatment to HbA1cs. Don’t dwell on the horror stories as I saw them. I wrote a blog during my journey. And when I look back on the posts I wrote in the beginning you can see how heavily influenced I was. Listen to your doctor they’re the only ones who can see your eyes.

Hi just an update with my vision I’ve been for a check up at the hospital today and after having 3 laser treatments I’ve finally been told it’s all clear no swelling neither at the back of the eye so been a really good day

And I know I’m at risk of it happening again but I’m just glad I can relax and spend some proper time concentrating on seeing my little girl play and grow so thank you for your support and kind words means a lot xx

Sjr83x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just an update with my vision I’ve been for a check up at the hospital today and after having 3 laser treatments I’ve finally been told it’s all clear no swelling neither at the back of the eye so been a really good day

And I know I’m at risk of it happening again but I’m just glad I can relax and spend some proper time concentrating on seeing my little girl play and grow so thank you for your support and kind words means a lot xx

Fantastic news. Brilliant

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’m Natalie I’ve been diabetic for 19 years and the last few months I’ve been having bleeds behind my eye I’ve had 2 lots of laser and yesterday I developed another bleed.
I’ve been booked in for more laser for next Thursday but feel like laser ain’t really working
Has anyone else been in this boat?? I just feel alone right now and terrified I’m gonna go blind

Hey Natalie
I’m no expert but I’ve had two rounds of lasering done and so far I’ve had nine lucentis injections. I’m worried all the time about it but I’ve found these forums and researching into it has done a lot for calming me down. I hope the peeps on here do the same for you
All the best

Reactions: himtoo