Celebrating hitting target of 3 stone lost thanks to LCHF way of eating and forum support

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow well done I have 3 stone to lose .. what is your day of food roughly ? Thanks
Main rule followed during weight reduction part of this way of eating - low carb and High Fat - was moving over time to fewer carbs started out at about 50g of carb and moved down by end of first month to 20g of carb or less to get into ketosis. Diet doctor.com site has lots of ideas, meal plans and recipes to get you started on low carb.
To continue to lose weight I then moved on to mix in some intermittent fasting - see videos and information again on diet doctor site. You don’t need to join the site but if you take first free months membership and remember to cancel you’ll get access to more materials. For recipes you don’t need to be a member at all.
Now maintaining I still don’t eat breakfast as not always hungry sticking to coffee and cream instead and im continuing with up to 30g of carbs over my two meals a day plan as this suits me. Some people seem to be able to lose weight on more grams of carb but I needed to stay below 20g and do regular one meal a day fasts to get results at a good pace. Others prefer to take it more slowly.
Along with others on this site following low carb eating we post on the thread what did you eat today in the low carb diet section of this forum! Lots of ideas there including what I ate daily over last few months! Hope this helps and wishing you luck I’ve been amazed mainly about how little hunger I’ve felt on this way of eating especially until last month or so. Ketosis pushes your body to burn its fat stores so while there’s plenty in your fat stores it feels effortless as your body is eating all those meals stored away in the body fat in the carb eating times! I find I’m hungrier at times now if don’t eat enough fat as not much left in storage anymore!
All the best

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 great to read your very inspirational post. Well done! I wish I am able to achieve similar results :)
I’m sure you will get there most important thing I think is planning work out what you’re aiming for and then do meal plans, shopping lists and test to see how your bloods are doing so you can change things around accordingly to suit your body. Also don’t just weigh sometimes measurements around your middle are the first thing to change. Good luck

Reactions: Debandez

Paulines7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Stuck up people. People who do not care about others. Racists. Intolerant people. Tories.
........... Along with others on this site following low carb eating we post on the thread what did you eat today in the low carb diet section of this forum! Lots of ideas there including what I ate daily over last few months! .......... t

Shelley, I have a lot of difficulty finding my way around this site, despite the fact that I belong to two other forums and have no difficulty with them. I looked for the low carb eating thread yesterday but am not sure if I found it or not as posts seem to be for 2008. I think a 5 year old would do better than me at these things. Could I ask you to put a link to the recent postings on there please? Thanks.

I joined this forum over a year ago but didn't use it until recently as I found it complicated. Am I alone in this?

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Paulines7 hope this will work
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/page-624
If not here’s what you need to do:
This thread can be misleading as it’s a very long one with currently and counting 624 pages it began in 2015 but is still very active go to the low carb diet forum section, then scroll down to
What have you eaten today?
It will open at 2015 first page - you just need to select the latest page currently 624 to see recent listings and you can scroll backwards to see last few weeks.
If you choose to select this thread to watch it will then alert you of new posts which you can then click in your notifications and it will take you to most recent one,
Hope this helps! Can see how it could be confusing. To confuse you even more there is also a non low carb what did you eat today elsewhere on the forum!

Paulines7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Stuck up people. People who do not care about others. Racists. Intolerant people. Tories.
Thank you so much, Shelley. The link worked first time.

I think I now know what I did wrong. I pressed the forums button in red above, scrolled down to look for the low carb forum and when I came to the Childrens and Teens, I thought I had gone too far. I went back up and looked in the first section for it and then took the wrong path. How I then got into 2008 I have no idea. They say that blondes are dumb and it seems I am a good example. Who would have thought that I was awarded a BSc Hons in Geography in 1998 yet could get lost in here!! :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your help Shelley.

Reactions: Debandez and DJC3

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
I hear you - been doing low-fat diets on and off since the age of 15 and am convinced they helped cause my diabetes. It also completely destroyed my relationship with food so I felt guilty if I ate 'normal' food. Enjoyed a little clotted cream with my raspberries yesterday and it felt like a victory!
My feelings exactly eggs! I've dieted on and off for the last 37 years. My birthday is in January and I was always on a diet as I always rejoined WW or SW at the beginning of January. I struggled to eat fat as it had been drummed into me for donkeys years that fat was the ultimate sin!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My feelings exactly eggs! I've dieted on and off for the last 37 years. My birthday is in January and I was always on a diet as I always rejoined WW or SW at the beginning of January. I struggled to eat fat as it had been drummed into me for donkeys years that fat was the ultimate sin!

So familiar!

Reactions: Happyhomelands