Successful delivery!!!!!

jade88

Oh wow congratulations! So pleased you got your natural delivery! Sounds like you handled everything amazingly! Can’t wait to see pic! Have you decide on a name yet? xxx

Reactions: Madelinelowery

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Congratulations to you Madeline great of you to manage your Diabetes you are an inspiration to all other type 2 diabetics.

Hope you have fun with your little one.

Diligent500

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations!!! But you’ve made my decision a lot harder now

I’m so happy it went so well for you and your little mans doing well :)

xxx

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ladies,

I would like to announce the birth of my second boy born at 11:34, last night weighing 7lb 7oz! 37 plus 2 days.

HE WAS BORN NATURALLY!!! just to gas and air and pethadine, I avoided a sliding scale and managed to keep my sugars between 5 - 7 Mml. I only needed one pesery aswell

Baby’s all healthy. His sugars are normal! I have had the perfect birth. The consultants wanted to give me an epidural but I said I wanted to try and do it alone and see how I got on!! Positive mind set worked along with watching Micheal McIntyre and realising natural endorphins I reckon

Xx
Aw, that's lovely!!! My 3 are grown up but I am amazed at how Mums with diabetes seem to cope so well with it all!! Fab news.

Reactions: Madelinelowery

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations!!! But you’ve made my decision a lot harder now

I’m so happy it went so well for you and your little mans doing well :)

xxx

Honestly hun I was so positive and had such a good mind set just go with what your body’s telling you! I said to my husband once the pesery was up I still didn’t no if I’d made the right decision. But I’m up and moving so well now, and I’m already home!!
But what’s worked for me might not work for you! Is this your 1st baby?

You can also always change your mind!! If you wanna chat more just private message me hun xx

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Honestly hun I was so positive and had such a good mind set just go with what your body’s telling you! I said to my husband once the pesery was up I still didn’t no if I’d made the right decision. But I’m up and moving so well now, and I’m already home!!
But what’s worked for me might not work for you! Is this your 1st baby?

You can also always change your mind!! If you wanna chat more just private message me hun xx

No I had an emergency c section like you with my first after a failed induction and 12+ hours of unsuccessful labour. I’ve got my appointment to decide my delivery for #2 in a couple of weeks.

I really want to experience a natural birth but I just don’t feel positive about it being successful that I think I would psych myself out if I did opt for that and it would fail again

My husband and I also want a big family so don’t want to have c sections willy nilly and limit the number of babies we can have!

Such a tough choice but you defo made the right decision and I’m so glad it went to plan for you xx

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No I had an emergency c section like you with my first after a failed induction and 12+ hours of unsuccessful labour. I’ve got my appointment to decide my delivery for #2 in a couple of weeks.

I really want to experience a natural birth but I just don’t feel positive about it being successful that I think I would psych myself out if I did opt for that and it would fail again

My husband and I also want a big family so don’t want to have c sections willy nilly and limit the number of babies we can have!

Such a tough choice but you defo made the right decision and I’m so glad it went to plan for you xx

I was in a similar situation hun with my first but I did fully dilate and that helps I think.
Did you fully Dilate?
Also did you end up with an epidural?

Staying calm and positive really helped me and we watched a comedy sketch in the hospital once my first pesery was up and that helped realise endorphins!

It’s such a hard decision hun but you will make the right one. I thought to myself I can Atleast give it a go and if it fails and I end up with another section then I gave it my best shot

Xx

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was in a similar situation hun with my first but I did fully dilate and that helps I think.
Did you fully Dilate?
Also did you end up with an epidural?

Staying calm and positive really helped me and we watched a comedy sketch in the hospital once my first pesery was up and that helped realise endorphins!

It’s such a hard decision hun but you will make the right one. I thought to myself I can Atleast give it a go and if it fails and I end up with another section then I gave it my best shot

Xx

No with my first I got to 3cm and then he basically got stuck and didn’t progress from there. I did have an epidural but it didn’t work properly!

I would really like to try... will see what the midwife advises and she might look at notes from last time and say it will be unlikely again! xx

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh wow congratulations! So pleased you got your natural delivery! Sounds like you handled everything amazingly! Can’t wait to see pic! Have you decide on a name yet? xxx

We’ve called him Joseph Matthew xxx