New tattoo and piercing

lalacakez

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm planning to get a huge tat on my thigh but i always wanted on on my leg and feet to late now anyone else have any piercings and tats I have 4 piercings and one tat on my wrist I plan to get happiness on my collar and the other script on my inner arm then a small flower that stems out

2cccf146514a87645c26d7e7946709f3.jpg

6c3f1dc0b7310bb81b6dfad22862ca3e.jpg
bcf75cd574fefe127453d5c6f53eea99.jpg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve had several tattoos and piercings in the twenty years since diagnosis, including a half sleeve last year that goes over my shoulder, one on my lower leg, both wrists, and two on my back. Currently saving for another sleeve and a thigh piece. I’ve had no problems with any of my ink healing, or piercings in my ears. Body piercings, like the belly button, don’t heal on me.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Yes. A good few of us on here have tatts. I commissioned one a few years back on the thigh... A sort of HR Giger inspired piece..?

Piercings I never got on with.? (Practically.) I had an eyebrow pierced years ago by a friend in training? He did a good clean job. Healed great. Unfortunately it nearly got tore out during a little bit of a "scuffle." I removed it & never bothered again...

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have 5 piercings, all healed perfectly. (2 Lobe, Tragus, Helix, Nose) I just followed the given instructions and had no problems.

I have 1 tattoo on my back goes from about my shoulder blades to mid back, took around 2 hours to do and that also healed perfectly. No complications or healing issues. Took a bit longer than an average person to heal but I've heard that can just be because you have diabetes. Wasn't concerned at all.

I'm 21 on Friday and was diagnosed at 1 so all piercings and tattoos have been done whilst I've had diabetes and I'll admit some were done when I didn't have perfect control yet still had no healing issues :) Planning to get another tattoo soon too!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My leg and sleeve healed just as fast as a non diabetic, despite erm, less than optimal control! I used lots of bepanthen cream on them. The sleeve was done in fortnightly sessions and was healed well enough to be gone over again where needed to add bits, even on the delicate inner arm part. So as long as you take good care of it while it’s healimg, you should have no problems.

Redvee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had a nipple pierced and no issues with it relating to my T1 but cause I cycle daily my bibshorts were pressing on it and that caused me pain so I took it out.

Babyweed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My son has had all his tattoos since diagnosis I’ve had one since diagnosis (see profile picture) it didn’t take any longer than the other 8 to heal. All I would say is check out the shop and reviews before hand it’s better to pay a bit more and know you’re getting a good clean service.

linda_b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,
I currently have 5 tattoos my most recent one is on my thigh. It's two weeks old and due to be finished this week and I've had no problems. Just clean three times a day and apply Bepanthem. It will be fine. I did bruise quite badly though but that went down after a week or so. Don't do what I did and totally forgot and stabbed a bloody injection in there the next day. That hurt!
I did have a problem with my Tragus piercing that got quite badly infected and I ended up on antibiotics and having to remove the barbell but I think that was more down to my aftercare than diabetes causing problems! My helix piercing was fine.

Attachments

• tattoo.jpg
    tattoo.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 153