Moving to Birmingham & looking for a pump team

McMillan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am moving to Birmingham city centre next month and need to find a fab pump clinic. Does anyone know if there is a choice in Birmingham? Are there any that stand out. What hospital is the lead diabetes team based? I’m a bit wobbly about leaving my incredible DSN in Chester and hope to find a team to equal her. Any help would be wonderful im a 48 yr old female who has had T1 for 17years and manage it v aggressively & also have a cgm. Thank you

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am moving to Birmingham city centre next month and need to find a fab pump clinic. Does anyone know if there is a choice in Birmingham? Are there any that stand out. What hospital is the lead diabetes team based? I’m a bit wobbly about leaving my incredible DSN in Chester and hope to find a team to equal her. Any help would be wonderful im a 48 yr old female who has had T1 for 17years and manage it v aggressively & also have a cgm. Thank you

I'm a brand new diagnosed type 2, but I'm in Bham. I attend the Queen Elizabeth teaching hospital, which is one of the best. I found a link to their diabetes services for you.

**** which I need to put in a seperate post as I haven't posted enough yet

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
uhb.nhs.uk/diabetes.htm

just add www. to the front

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

just wondered if you have checked how things are re pump funding in Birmingham? Some areas just do not have many funds for pumps or have different interpretations of the guidelines even if someone is on the pump already - it seems that some areas re-assess new patients - or this is what i was told would happen in one area i considered, maybe this is not mostly true, i do not know what others' experiences are.....?

McMillan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you ann34. My DSN has made me aware of this and it’s why she would like to know in advance contact details so that she can discuss my case with the new pump team and perhaps make it a smoother transition . Incredible really that we still have a postcode lottery on access to healthcare.