And then this happened:

Screenshot_2018-03-03-19-43-56.png

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Neaps and tatties , and whisky, and haggis, crannachon, black bun . . . Then the dancing. A whole armful of bolus and a whole load of fun!

Reactions: becca59

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
And then this happened:

So 2 sensors is 4 weeks supply, with a 3 week wait. It's a bit tough if you have a dud sensor: then it's 3 weeks to wait for 2 weeks supply.... I guess the adults can grit their teeth and go back to test strips, but I feel really really sorry for those with children using the sensors.... "Sorry Johnny, I'm going to have to go back to waking you at night to do blood sugars...." Yuk. You all have my sympathy. (I no longer use them because they stopped working for me after developing an allergic reaction, but it was life changing while they worked.)

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Checked this morning as it’s now 3 weeks since I placed my order. Still “picked”. Good news I suppose is that they haven’t yet taken payment. Sigh. My last sensor finishes on Saturday. It’s scary how quickly you come to rely on new tech. Sort of addiction I guess.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Checked this morning as it’s now 3 weeks since I placed my order. Still “picked”. Good news I suppose is that they haven’t yet taken payment. Sigh. My last sensor finishes on Saturday. It’s scary how quickly you come to rely on new tech. Sort of addiction I guess.

Yes, I’m in a similar situation, ‘picked’ and the last sensor’s reached the end of its working life: rip. I found myself waving a reader-free hand over a sensor-free arm yesterday when I wondered what my bs was! Oh dear, I think addiction’s messed with my brain

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I know my local Boots to work (in Marlow) didn't know what they were, couldn't find them on their system and suggested looking at the Boots website (/facepalm). My local to home chemist could get them but due to how they did markup and such it would've been a few more quid than Abbott, however I did manage to pick up 2 from my local Asda pharmacy yesterday (though there was a lot of confusion about how to order/get them - luckily I phoned at exactly the right time to get the 2 they had spare).

I’ve just been to Asda and they’re getting 2 for me: £44 each. What’s better is that the pharmacist says that throughout the supply problems we’ve been experiencing when ordering from Abbott sensors have been delivered to the pharmacy in two days. Wishing I’d done this earlier. Thank you so much for pointing out the Asda route!

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My order just arrived. Good timing as present one ends on Saturday!

Reactions: karen8967

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
My order just arrived. Good timing as present one ends on Saturday!

Is it delivered by DPD? My sons is still at picking stage and his runs out today. Just come of the phone to Abbott's and I have been advised that mine is at picked status and is sitting ready and waiting to be delivered. As soon as the delivery company pick it up I will get an email. Suggested that it will be next week.

Have now started making inquires about buying via pharmacy as it's potentially cheaper, definitely quicker at the moment, couple of days apparently and no obvious restriction on order. Very frustrated at the moment.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Abbot promised me a replacement for a dud sensor on 13/2. Its been showing as ‘picked’ for the last week so im not holding my breath!

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Ordered on the 11/2 been at picked status for 6 days.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ordered 14/2, still at picked.

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is it delivered by DPD? My sons is still at picking stage and his runs out today. Just come of the phone to Abbott's and I have been advised that mine is at picked status and is sitting ready and waiting to be delivered. As soon as the delivery company pick it up I will get an email. Suggested that it will be next week.

Have now started making inquires about buying via pharmacy as it's potentially cheaper, definitely quicker at the moment, couple of days apparently and no obvious restriction on order. Very frustrated at the moment.

Yes it was delivered by DPD. Great app. Meant I could go out this morning without fear of missing Darren. Tells me a delivery window, what delivery Darren is at now, what number I am and roughly how long he’ll be!

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Yes it was delivered by DPD. Great app. Meant I could go out this morning without fear of missing Darren. Tells me a delivery window, what delivery Darren is at now, what number I am and roughly how long he’ll be!

Genadi normally delivers ours. DPD are very impressive when it comes to delivery and delivery times.

Just had the email advising that my sons have been despatched so one step closer, estimated delivery Monday but hoping it arrives Friday in time for Mothers day lunch with Mums and Nan.

Reactions: Sibyl

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mines still waiting picked but alone :-(
I have more than a slight suspiscion that its being left because, as a free replacement for a dud sensor, it generates no income for Abbot

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Abbott need to seriously get their act together, instead of bragging about how good their system is they need to sort out the production and delivery times issues. I'm going to stick to my local Asda pharmacy from now on.

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Abbott need to seriously get their act together, instead of bragging about how good their system is they need to sort out the production and delivery times issues. I'm going to stick to my local Asda pharmacy from now on.

I suspect that Abbott business plan is for all of us to get it direct from pharmacy prescription or no prescription. They are certainly prioritising pharmacies who seem able to get them within two days whereas customers who has ordered from them direct over the last few years are now being treated like second class citizens waiting 3/4 weeks for orders.

Prioritising pharmacies may have been part of the NHS agreement but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. If it wasn't such a important tool in my sons care with currently few other options available I would go elsewhere.

As it become apparent to me that Abbott would not deliver the order in time (3 and half weeks) I made some enquires on Tuesday with several local pharmacies and other then Boots who wanted £63 it was quite a painful process of explaining the product and for the pharmacy (including my local ASDA) to advise that they would look into it and get back to. Haven't heard anything yet and will have to follow up my enquires.

Hopefully a few months down the line I will be ordering from pharmacies at a cheaper price before eventually getting it on prescription and my current frustration will be a long distant memory.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hope Asda will get it for your son, @Binary. It may be worth getting back to them rather than waiting for them to get back to you.

I’ve just collected my very first order from Asda, and was moved enough to do an impression of Gollum (sp?) “My Precious!” as I clutched them close. At last, I’ll know again what’s happening overnight. Ironically when I got back home and checked my order with Abbott it said ‘dispatched’: riches! I’ll be using Asda from now on, they can get sensors in just one or two days.

Reactions: Sibyl and Binary