What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

amazing how quickly the huge piles of snow are disappearing :) now it needs to warm up a bit, never worn so many layers in my life!

Found some rejected passport pics yesterday taken about 4 years ago - well before diagnosis but when I had obviously started to slide into diabetes, in hindsight I looked not just fat but puffy and bloated. I rejected using them at the time because I hated how they made me look, not because I looked ill.

@Glenmac sending a big hug.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 at 6.30. Have had 2 huge mugs - 1.5 pints - of tea with almond milk since. 4.9 at 9.00. To pick the brains on here should I test a couple of days with breakfast versus IF or stick to "if it ain't broke don't fix it". 0.3 rise seems hard to beat for a meal.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning...7.3 this morning......had a good nights sleep due to pain meds.We are trying to hire a wheelchair at the moment as the crutches defeat me,realise I don't have upper body strength plus arthritis in the mix!The health centre have not been very helpful,may have been receptionist!I'm hoping to speak to my diabetes nurse to find out what the situation is regarding wheel chairs and other aids.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning...7.3 this morning......had a good nights sleep due to pain meds.We are trying to hire a wheelchair at the moment as the crutches defeat me,realise I don't have upper body strength plus arthritis in the mix!The health centre have not been very helpful,may have been receptionist!I'm hoping to speak to my diabetes nurse to find out what the situation is regarding wheel chairs and other aids.
Hi@Glenmac not sure how things work near you but would the orthopaedic or physio dept at the hospital be able to help with the loan of a wheelchair,other than that try your local council to see if they have a wheelchair loan dept. In your area some charities may be able to help like Age concern if you contacted them for any information you could access, hope this helps you but someone out there must have the answer for you! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone just got back from doctors Has my graft started bleeding this morning he's sending me to see district nurse for dressings until it dries up,he seems to think it's looking ok so I will be guided by him. Keep well everyone,@ Glenmac whilst I'm there this afternoon 3-15 pm I'll enquire if they know where you may get a wheelchair on loan to see if I can get some information for you, just a thought but in most towns now if your disabled there are shops near centre of towns that let you use electric buggys and chairs so people can get around they may be able to put you in touch with a dept. that could help! K Just thought of there name they are Motability shops

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wish we lived closer to you @Glenmac, we have a spare wheelchair in the loft.
@Granny_grump made good suggestions, hope you find a solution soon x

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thankyou @Granny_grump_ and@DJC3 we have just looked to buy a wheelchair,and a receptionist at our health centre has offered to lend us one she owns.You are all very kind.
Bob worked with the elderly and social services before retirement so he's feeling a wee bit exasperated that everything is now such a hassle.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone. So happy it has starting to warm up outside. Yesterday, it almost felt like spring.

@Glenmac -- So sorry about your fall. It must have been quite scary having to wait such a long time for the ambulance. Hope the broken bones will heal quickly.
@Granny_grump_ -- It is good to know that your doctor is happy with your progress. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Blood sugars were 4.6 on getting up at around 11 a.m.

Last edited:

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thankyou @Granny_grump_ and@DJC3 we have just looked to buy a wheelchair,and a receptionist at our health centre has offered to lend us one she owns.You are all very kind.
Bob worked with the elderly and social services before retirement so he's feeling a wee bit exasperated that everything is now such a hassle.

Buying a wheel chair is a great expense and I am glad they are able to loan you one for the time being. Take it easy and hope you are back in shape soon.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning peeps. Can anyone tell me what calculation ratio they use from carbs to insulin with nova rapid ? I’m only one week in and learning.
There's no fixed ratio as everyone's is different, I need more insulin in the morning than lunch time , it's a case of trial and error to find out what your ratio is, good luck.

Reactions: Goacher55

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Glenmac just glad you've got something sorted it's a nuisance when you need the use of some kind of aid to help you and nowhere to get information from to help you! You'd think it would be there in the hospital after all that's where most people needing things start at. Any way just glad Has I said that you got one! Best Wishes Kathleen

Reactions: Glenmac

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone I've been to clinic and got a temporary dressing until Friday,the district nurse has ordered me from chemist honey dressings to help with the healing,so along with my antibiotics it should help more,back to doctors tomorrow and district nurse again Monday so quite a busy week ahead but needs must! K

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone I've been to clinic and got a temporary dressing until Friday,the district nurse has ordered me from chemist honey dressings to help with the healing,so along with my antibiotics it should help more,back to doctors tomorrow and district nurse again Monday so quite a busy week ahead but needs must! K
Glad they are taking care of you,hope you heal quickly now.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="Granny_grump_, post: 1719587, member: 282121doctors tomorrow and district nurse again Monday so quite a busy week ahead but needs must! K[/QUOTE]
@Granny_grump_ After reading you post and the kind words to glenmac I am full of admiration for your kindness and attitude. Hope all goes well and there is no negative impact on your diabetes.