Infusion Sets

happydays

Hi,

I am totally new to pumping. I have chosen the Accu-Check Combo pump and my start date is the 23rd Feb. I have tried out several infusion sets and I have found that the Animas Inset II infusion set is the most comfortable for me.

Are you able to use the Inset II with the Accu- Check Combo ? Is anyone doing this ?

The Accu-Check uses a Luer Lock system the same as the Animas 2020, but I just wanted to know is the possible.

Any information would be grateful.

Kind regards

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just get your rep from accuchek to confirm that the guarantee on the pump is still valid when using different sets.......I don't know the answer to this......

I guess that your PCT has an account set up with both manaufacturers for the payment....minbe didn't, so I only had the choice of the accuchek cannulas.

After trying the teflon cannulas from Accuchek, I found I was having problems on set changeovers, and have now gone to the 6mm steel ones, which have to be changed every 30 hours, but they are so small against the skin that I can wear them anywhere I like, and they don't ever show.

Glad that you have had the option to try out different cannulas. I wish I had that option prior to going on top my combo pump. I think personally, that the cannulas and tubing is very important to get right for first time pumpers.

I wear my sets mainly on my legs, and wear my pump on my arms held in place by tubigrip. These options were noever discussed by my DSN or rep, and it took me a good 4 months to figure out the best way to wear my pump. It means that I never have to worry about taking down my jeans or trousers, because the pump is well out of the way, and the tubing fits great under my underwear. Personally, I hate bra's, so wearing a pump attached to my bra, was a big no for me. My pump always faces downward at night when asleep and not hirzontal on the bed somewhere. I never have to worry about removing my pump when dressing or undressing as it is always out the way.

Glad you have found out the best choice of cannula for you prior to the pump, now you will need to find out the best length of tubing and where to wear it which is most suitable to your living with the pump.

By the way, congratualtions on getting a pump, it is a bit more complex, but BG levels can be improved dramatically.....
Best wishes
Sharon

happydays

Thanks for your great reply. I have been very lucky being able to try out several infusion sets. I did cause a bit of a fuss though, as I wanted to make sure I made the right choices for me.

I am very excited about going onto the pump. I have been a diabetic for 27 years and I am hoping this will give me some of my hypo warning signs back. I have a HBA1C level of 6.3ml, but I find that the constant highs and lows are draining.

I'm planning on placing my pump in my bra. I have tried out two tubing lengths and the shorter one seems best for me. I am very active so I want it in a secure place.

Just a thought, if you are having problems with the infusion set. It might be a good idea to push your clinic to put you onto a different manufacture.

Thanks again for your tips on pumping. They are all gratefully received.