Porridge

deathbycoke

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello folks,
I recently asked for ideas for breakfast and received some great advice and ideas so thanks to all who posted!!.....

I have been looking at porridge as an option as some people say this is a good option for brekkie, however I find all the porridge I seem to see in the usual supermarkets (tesco, sainsbury, etc...) is quite high in carbs which I am trying to avoid with varying degrees of success at the moment but doing better than a fortnight ago when I first started to go ""low carb"".

Any help appreciated, Many thanks,

Steve.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I love porridge but its full of carbs... so for me its a no no

Bacon and eggs.... lovely

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
scrambled eggs and bacon lardons - yum! (although I have to say I cheat on occasion - I have an Atkins bar if I'm in a rush!)
If you did try porridge - try the one with the large grains - they take longer to go through the gut - the smaller ones will cause a quick rise in your BS level due to them being absorbed and converted more quickly.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I missed your thread asking for breakfast ideas. I always have this low carb ‘porridge’, not real porridge not a grain in sight, but warm and filling all the same. I eat it with strawberries and cream. Once the ingredients are in the saucepan it takes as long as my Nespresso takes to make a coffee, to cook!
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge

deathbycoke

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been eating a fair few eggs for brekkie/lunch/dinner (not everyday :) Just fancied something different. Don't like yogurt