I've lost 30lbs since 8th December but not reversed. Still hopeful though.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm down 30lbs in exactly 3 months. My hba1c is down from 62 to 44. My early morning readings are excellent between 4.5 and 5.2. My pre and post meal readings are good on my LCHF diet. I test myself now and again with high carb for example yesterday I had a toasted fruit tea cake (large) and was 6.2 after 1 hour 10.0 after 2 hours and only came down to 5.2 after 3 HOURS so I know I haven't reversed it but I'm lIving in hope. Have I still got a chance I'm wondering. I weigh 12 stone 1lb now and my goal is 11 stone 10lb to get to a healthy bmi of 24. Shall I perhaps do a crash diet for the remaining few lbs? Can anyone offer any advice. I've found this site so helpful. If I had followed my DN guidance I would never have got my hba1c down. It's completely the opposite if what I now know is good advice for the management if t2. MASSIVE THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE TIME AND TROUBLE YOU TAKE TO HELP US NEWBIES. MUCH APPRECIATED.

Reactions: flexi06

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
30 lbs in 3 months is a brilliant result!

I am tempted to say don't mess with a winning formula! :D

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a tremendous achievement so far, both for reduced HbA1c and weight loss.

I would just carry on as you are. It is working, so no need to change it. This is a marathon remember!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You don't want crash diets .... just consistent good low carb eating ... and stay away from the fruit cake, unless it was a moment of madness. Great result nonetheless ...

EDIT - and still do what?

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm down 30lbs in exactly 3 months. My hba1c is down from 62 to 44. My early morning readings are excellent between 4.5 and 5.2. My pre and post meal readings are good on my LCHF diet. I test myself now and again with high carb for example yesterday I had a toasted fruit tea cake (large) and was 6.2 after 1 hour 10.0 after 2 hours and only came down to 5.2 after 3 HOURS so I know I haven't reversed it but I'm lIving in hope. Have I still got a chance I'm wondering. I weigh 12 stone 1lb now and my goal is 11 stone 10lb to get to a healthy bmi of 24. Shall I perhaps do a crash diet for the remaining few lbs? Can anyone offer any advice. I've found this site so helpful. If I had followed my DN guidance I would never have got my hba1c down. It's completely the opposite if what I now know is good advice for the management if t2. MASSIVE THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE TIME AND TROUBLE YOU TAKE TO HELP US NEWBIES. MUCH APPRECIATED.
Well done what a great achievement

Reactions: Debandez

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Amazingly brilliant achievement, keep doing what you are doing. There's no rush and compared to what you've done and your final goal.... well, it's just around the corner. MAGIC YOU!!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have done amazingly well and since you now have a pre-diabetic HbA1c you have, according to some peoples definition, reversed your diabetes. Being able to eat a large fruit tea cake without it affecting your BG is more in the realms of cured rather than reversed and not many people achieve that. As others have said, just carry on with what you are doing, it is working so well.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
I'm down 30lbs in exactly 3 months. My hba1c is down from 62 to 44. My early morning readings are excellent between 4.5 and 5.2. My pre and post meal readings are good on my LCHF diet. I test myself now and again with high carb for example yesterday I had a toasted fruit tea cake (large) and was 6.2 after 1 hour 10.0 after 2 hours and only came down to 5.2 after 3 HOURS so I know I haven't reversed it but I'm lIving in hope. Have I still got a chance I'm wondering. I weigh 12 stone 1lb now and my goal is 11 stone 10lb to get to a healthy bmi of 24.].
Very well done - its taken me 18 month to lose 4 and a half stone. I still have a stone to lose but I seem to be stuck. You might try as some others have done of doing the occasional fast day - I'm going to do this to try and get off the weight plateau. Just try not eating for 24 hours. It's not too bad if you do a Saturday (after you have had your evening meal) to the next day at the same time. Sunday is my lazy day and I can easily find other things to do to distract me from the need to eat. Fingers crossed for you.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a tremendous achievement so far, both for reduced HbA1c and weight loss.

I would just carry on as you are. It is working, so no need to change it. This is a marathon remember!
I would love to have a pasta dinner followed by a big massive cream cake!!! Without flapping about my glucose

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Blood glucose levels are far more important than weight loss which in your case you are doing the right way, steadily.
If it ain't broke don't fix it! Smashing results, keep up the fantastic work.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s fantastic @Debandez

Great weight loss and big reduction in HbA1c. As others have said would just carry on with what you’ve been doing.