34 weeks pregnant and having a lot of low sugars

xkayzx

Hi all,
I’m 34 weeks pregnant and I keep having hypos... today I’ve had 4 low hypos... and it’s takes a while to get them back up again!! What can I do?
I treat them with a orange juice then a biscuit...

jade88

Hi Kayz might be worth mentioning to your team just because I know it can sometimes be a sign that placenta is failing. How are you getting on with the extra fluid? x

xkayzx

Hi Kayz might be worth mentioning to your team just because I know it can sometimes be a sign that placenta is failing. How are you getting on with the extra fluid? x

Yeah been trying to get them by doing least insulin of a night, got scan on Friday with consultant so will see then! But fluid was still the same last week x

eabhamurphy

Hey! I had this towards the end of my first pregnancy as well when I was still on MDI. Took a lot to get my blood sugars back up. Good they will look at your placental function on scan this week.
I had lows at beginning and end of my pregnancy. The most frustrating part was that during labour (induction) I went low, was over correcting (as I often needed to do before labour) and then went high and resistant to insulin due to stress (I imagine). For my emergency section my bloods must have been over 10 and baby had hypoglycemia which was really annoying as I'd kept my HBA1c below 40 for the entire pregnancy. He needed fortified formula immediately and I never established breastfeeding which I really regretted.
Anyways that wasn't your question but whatever you need to do to correct these hypos just be wary of going high during birth.
Are you on MDI or a pump? Xx

xkayzx

Hey! I had this towards the end of my first pregnancy as well when I was still on MDI. Took a lot to get my blood sugars back up. Good they will look at your placental function on scan this week.
I had lows at beginning and end of my pregnancy. The most frustrating part was that during labour (induction) I went low, was over correcting (as I often needed to do before labour) and then went high and resistant to insulin due to stress (I imagine). For my emergency section my bloods must have been over 10 and baby had hypoglycemia which was really annoying as I'd kept my HBA1c below 40 for the entire pregnancy. He needed fortified formula immediately and I never established breastfeeding which I really regretted.
Anyways that wasn't your question but whatever you need to do to correct these hypos just be wary of going high during birth.
Are you on MDI or a pump? Xx

Oh really, I’m on insulin and my sugars have been between 4-10 throughout and had a few 12-15 but not many, just seems more of a night I’ll wake up around 3 and there low, even with having a good snack before going to bed! Very annoying!
Wondering if they will start me off earlier if this carry’s on....

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Defiantly speak to your diabetic team! They could scan you and check to see if your placenta is failing.

They might give you a course of steriods just incase they want to deliver baby early x

xkayzx

Hi,

Defiantly speak to your diabetic team! They could scan you and check to see if your placenta is failing.

They might give you a course of steriods just incase they want to deliver baby early x

Yes I have a scan in the morning then the consultant so they will see then... been better last couple of days as I’ve done least insulin....

xkayzx

Had scan and consultant this morning... just said got to watch the next couple of weeks on the growth of the baby and the fluid so got another scan next Wednesday and just to watch my sugars!
So maybe the next two weeks maybe time to go in!!