Giving Keto a go

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a girl in Canada that goes by the name of "KetoinCanada" if you google her you'll find her on U tube. She took a year and lost an impressive 60+ lbs. I've personally stalled out but going back to FMD with Valter Longo

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
There is a girl in Canada that goes by the name of "KetoinCanada" if you google her you'll find her on U tube. She took a year and lost an impressive 60+ lbs. I've personally stalled out but going back to FMD with Valter Longo
Just out of interest, what is FMD?

regards

P

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you search through this website FMD is Fasting mimicking diet. as promoted by PhD Valter Longo for life longevity and autophagy of defective cells. The thinking is that with many cycles one can repair ones liver and pancreas and get them working again.

I've found through the school of hard knocks that intense exercise while great for the body is somewhat counter productive to weight loss. PhD Roy Taylor has said that the subconscious mind will over compensate after intense exercise and one will over eat. So I've become somewhat "Hampster on the Ergometer Treadwell " by exercising too hard, if you will. So I'm have a few days off from hard exercise where I am lollygagging around and eating avocados and onion soup and actively trying to lose weight. My current BMI is 24.9 (or thereabouts). I have good control yet no remission as of yet.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FMD is a way to clinically prove the benefits of fasting without actually going onto a full 5 day fasting cycle.

It seems that since the 60s fasting has been considered inhumane...so we have been told to graze all day long...at least 5 meals a day...the more the merrier.

Read more about it here
https://prolonfmd.com/fasting-mimicking-diet/

Hareph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying all I can to try and get my blood sugars down. Going to give the Ketogenic diet a go. Any keto experts out there?

I am following this website, any views? https://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/

@DUFC1

Your website says 70% fats, 25% protein, and 5% carbohydrate. It doesn't say whether they're grams or calories and it's a huge difference, I think they're covering their arses.

I've aimed for no more than 800 calories/day and 30g net carbohydrates, that got me into ketosis within two days and kept me there. For my weight - 90kg - I started dropping 2kg a week and as I reduced it tended toward 1.5kg a week but it was consistent all the way down. I've no idea whether it brought my blood sugar down since nobody told me how high I'd got, but I've averaged 6 mmol/L since I started and it must have been a lot higher before then.

I'll watch this thread and contribute if I have anything sensible to say.

- edited weeks later to correct initial weight to 90kg, NOT 190kg - major keying error!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildrover