Thank You

gobhar

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I was diagnosed with Type 2 27/12/2017 with a HbAc1 of 97. The doctor prescribed Metformin. 500mg to start with rising to 2 x 500mg and possibly up to 3 x 500mg. Very quickly I found this forum and took the advice of buying a blood glucose monitor. It arrived on 04/01/2018 and I was shocked at my first reading of 16.6mmol. It was time to really change. That day I embarked on a LCHF diet and being very attracted to the prospect of reversing the diabetes that was being talked about started to exercise also, primarily walking.

05/02/2018 my HbAc1 had dropped to 73. After more reading and research two weeks ago I decided to try intermittent fasting. Four days I fast for 22 hours with one meal a day and three days fasting for 12 to 16 hrs and two meals a day. My carbs are limited to 20g per day coming from cruciferous veg only.

Today 08/03/2018 I had my second review with the nurse and in just two months my HbAc1 is now 53 and my medication has been reduced to 1 x 500mg of Metformin. Not quite there yet but well on track to resolving my diabetes hopefully in three months from diagnosis.

Thank you for the fantastic advice on this forum which has really worked for me.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I was diagnosed with Type 2 27/12/2017 with a HbAc1 of 97. The doctor prescribed Metformin. 500mg to start with rising to 2 x 500mg and possibly up to 3 x 500mg. Very quickly I found this forum and took the advice of buying a blood glucose monitor. It arrived on 04/01/2018 and I was shocked at my first reading of 16.6mmol. It was time to really change. That day I embarked on a LCHF diet and being very attracted to the prospect of reversing the diabetes that was being talked about started to exercise also, primarily walking.

05/02/2018 my HbAc1 had dropped to 73. After more reading and research two weeks ago I decided to try intermittent fasting. Four days I fast for 22 hours with one meal a day and three days fasting for 12 to 16 hrs and two meals a day. My carbs are limited to 20g per day coming from cruciferous veg only.

Today 08/03/2018 I had my second review with the nurse and in just two months my HbAc1 is now 53 and my medication has been reduced to 1 x 500mg of Metformin. Not quite there yet but well on track to resolving my diabetes hopefully in three months from diagnosis.

Thank you for the fantastic advice on this forum which has really worked for me.
Absolutely brilliant. Im on the same journey for the past 2 weeks. Well done , very well done

Rab

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Brilliant job, well done!

Hareph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It just goes to show what can happen when you pay attention to your medic. It's far too easy to hear "this will be inconvenient" when what's being said is "this will halve your remaining life expectancy". Listening and acting is the one essential, you've got past that. I think persisting is a lot easier, you've done the hard part.

jos64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I was diagnosed with a score of 90. Been put on 1 tab of metaformin a day. Had my meeting with the nurse who set me up with my meter .

Your story gives me hope that I get get this under control quickly

Well done

Reactions: shelley262

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good progress. At least you know that what you are doing is working and that should encourage you to keep going.

kris.jersy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Nicely done...I am following a similar path...All the best for the next three months and drug free day...

Reactions: rom35

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gobhar excellent work. Intermittent fasting combined with lCHF eating is ,as you’ve experienced, a very powerful tool and one many have used successfully. Very rapid results too which help with motivation your hard work is paying off well done.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done you. Fabulous to get those numbers down by sticking with it and doing it properly. This lchf way of life works and together with the support and guidance of people on this forum it really is essential for diabetics.