What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
D:pork with onion + home made bread from walnuts. bg: before meal 5,0, 1h 5,6, 2h 5,1.
Sounds good did it use the walnuts for flour? Have you got a link to a recipe sure others would like to see it. Your reaction to it shows it’s good for you may apply to others . Thank you

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds good did it use the walnuts for flour? Have you got a link to a recipe sure others would like to see it. Your reaction to it shows it’s good for you may apply to others . Thank you

I have it in czech so it must be translated. But it is standard “bread” from almond flour just replaced by walnuts flour as it is much cheaper.

Eggs, Butter, Walnuts flour baked at 180.

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have it in czech so it must be translated. But it is standard “bread” from almond flour just replaced by walnuts flour as it is much cheaper.

Eggs, Butter, Walnuts flour baked ad 180.
Thank you - sounds good never used walnuts as flour may give it a try by grinding them as I understand that walnuts are lower carb than almonds. wonder if it would work in other almond flour recipes? Interesting idea worth some experimenting when I get some time.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1 kg of almond flour is 35€ here in czech rep. 1kg of walnuts I can get for 10€. I need 250g for one bread for one week. You see...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apple cider vinegar in water first thing

B: coffee and cream. Coconut porridge with 6 raspberries and cream

L: portobello mushrooms stuffed with spinach and feta. Then 5 100% choc buttons

Mid aft: few brazils, coffee cream

D: salmon fillet, cauliflower rice fried with spices in coconut oil, broccolli. Sugar free jelly and cream

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
What have I eaten today?

Breakfast was bullet resistant coffee - strong coffee, lump of butter, loads of double cream.

Lunch was a large piece of fresh cod, oven baked in foil with butter and olive oil along with four cherry tomatoes, served on an oven baked split Lidl roll. Juices poured over the roll.

Evening meal was artisan French sourdough toast spread with Cambozola blue cheese and slices of medium rare filet steak with cherry tomatoes. My take on Crostini. With a large glass of red wine.

Life can be tough at times.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - wasn’t planning on any, but very hungry and BG at 3.8 so had a bag of pork crunch and a peperami

Dinner - fathead pizza with pepperoni topping followed by chocolate olive oil cake with cream

HbA1c result is in - 31. Rang the surgery at lunchtime and was told result was in but I couldn’t have it because the doctor hadn’t seen it, but she rang about an hour ago!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! What a result @Goonergal.

You must be over the moon, all that dedication and hard work has really paid off. Well done, you’re fantastic x

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - wasn’t planning on any, but very hungry and BG at 3.8 so had a bag of pork crunch and a peperami

Dinner - fathead pizza with pepperoni topping followed by chocolate olive oil cake with cream

HbA1c result is in - 31. Rang the surgery at lunchtime and was told result was in but I couldn’t have it because the doctor hadn’t seen it, but she rang about an hour ago!
Wow well done you @Goonergal ive been thinking of you and your result today I was rightly convinced it would have improved from last time what an excellent result. I think it’s dreadful when they won’t give us our results. My gp has recently started allowing online access which is great and means I won’t be dependent on a receptionist guarding my information next time and can be prepared when see DN you really are an inspirational superstar and deserve a congratulatory hug or two and several pats on the back well done you. And we thought in our younger years exam results would be the most stressful results in our lives!

Reactions: DJC3

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No meals as such today - Ive beenplaying catch up with my sugars all day - 4’s & 5’s all night, 5’s & 6’s all afternoon and evening but a jump into the 9’s this morning - not sure how much my first session back at archery contributed to the morning highs - it certainly wasnt food related!
Over the course of the day
Vegan strawberrry chia pudding, vegan chocolate chia pudding, Adonis blondie bar, Adonis brownie & 2 Adonis nut bars
770 cals, 25g carbs, 31g fibre
I just booked a holiday too so a satisfying day on the whole

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks @DJC3 and @shelley262

The doctor said she was very pleased when she rang - I’ve never seen a Diabetes Nurse, always been the GP.

Hi all.

Breakfast - none

Fantastic result Goonergal. You inspire so many of us

Reactions: DJC3

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Coffee with emulsified mct
L. Cream cheese, olives, pepperoni
D......was going to be an omelette with buttered spinach but life got in the way....too late to cook so just some cormed beef. Little low on fats so popped a couple of my frozen cinnamon fat bombs...need to make more tomorrow as only one left.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My weight loss has stalled so I’m aiming to cut down on butter, cream and nuts.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a white coffee.
Lunch: 2x boiled eggs with Marmite soldiers followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid afternoon: chocolate chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cold roast chicken portion, raw cauliflower and brocolli, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by 1/2 slice of low carb carrot cake with a scoop of Oppo vanilla ice cream.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
B- coffee with cream, scrambled eggs with bacon and avocado
L- piece of homemade pumpernickel (new recipe) with butter
Snack- 8 kalamata olives (didn't want to overdo as dinner in 1.5 hrs)
D- slow roasted pork loin, roasted potatoes & carrots for hubby, roasted turnips for me, asparagus. (Hmmm, smells so good)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone. Been awol for a while -- realized I was getting a bit obsessed with diabetes (which admittedly easily happens to me). Thanks so much for your lovely messages, @Goonergal and @shelley262. I have missed posting on this thread, too.

Been kind of ravenous today, so have been stuffing my face -- probably due to eating relatively little during the week and exercising lots.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol (will be switching to erythritol after I am done with this bag). Half a DD keto roll with goat cream cheese and smoked sockeye salmon.

Lunch: About three squares of 90% Lindt chocolate. Brussels sprouts with sauce Bearnaise and fried lamb strips. About a tablespoon of the last of the low-carb chocolate mousse. A small glass of dry red wine.

Dinner: Cole slaw, two DD keto rolls (fresh from the oven) with lots of butter, about four smallish pieces of low carb brownies (used powdered erythrito, so didn't turn out very sweet, much like high cocoa content chocolate), a spoonful of no-added-sugar peanut butter.

Now, I am off to exercising one hour on my elliptical trainer -- not too motivated, but scared what all this food will do to my fasting levels.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you - sounds good never used walnuts as flour may give it a try by grinding them as I understand that walnuts are lower carb than almonds. wonder if it would work in other almond flour recipes? Interesting idea worth some experimenting when I get some time.

Hi @shelley262,

I once bought walnut flour and it is actually quite a lot carbier than almond flour. Don't really know why -- but maybe grinding walnuts does something to them.