LADA type 1.5

Nick78

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi new to this forum i was diagnosed with type 1.5 may 2017 was in pretty bad shape got took into hospital i was put straight onto insulin i got my sugars under control after a couple of weeks and have been ok since rarely take insulin now unless needed .I seem to suffer more from low sugars than anything else feel like im going into a hypo if my sugar levels go below 5 is this normal this happens more so if im doing something eg moving around house i also have other health issues i have a degenerative spinal condition and arthritus in my hip would this contibute to my low sugars also i have been suffering from bad nerve pain since i got my bloods down to normal range im taking 1800mg of gabapentin a day but getting no relifee also take vitamin b12 supplement any info welcomed thanks

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi new to this forum i was diagnosed with type 1.5 may 2017 was in pretty bad shape got took into hospital i was put straight onto insulin i got my sugars under control after a couple of weeks and have been ok since rarely take insulin now unless needed .I seem to suffer more from low sugars than anything else feel like im going into a hypo if my sugar levels go below 5 is this normal this happens more so if im doing something eg moving around house i also have other health issues i have a degenerative spinal condition and arthritus in my hip would this contibute to my low sugars also i have been suffering from bad nerve pain since i got my bloods down to normal range im taking 1800mg of gabapentin a day but getting no relifee also take vitamin b12 supplement any info welcomed thanks

Hi @Nick78
If your blood glucose levels have been high for a long time then it takes a while to get used to lower levels.
So if you're starting to feel hypoglyceamic above 4mmol then this may be what is often referred to as a false hypo. Many of us have experinced this but it does pass.

Nick78

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Nick78
If your blood glucose levels have been high for a long time then it takes a while to get used to lower levels.
So if you're starting to feel hypoglyceamic above 4mmol then this may be what is often referred to as a false hypo. Many of us have experinced this but it does pass.
Thanks for reply,yes according to my doctor i have had it a while undiagnosed so that may be my problem, i have also had a prob with taking insulin when i have needed it say my bloods were at 12 before a meal and i took 4 units of insulin and ate my meal my sugar levels have been crashing to below 4 i have tried lowering my dose but having same effect but if my bloods are high i need insulin am i correct?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Nick78 - @urbanracer isn't online at the moment, but I'm wondering if your thread would be more widely seen in the T1 or LADA areas? If you'd like your thread moved, just tag me (or any Mod for that matter) by adding an @ symbol directly before my user name, like this @Nick78 and we'll gladly move it for you. It takes a trice.

It certainly sounds like you've got a faor bit to contend with, but there are loads of experienced people here who can help you, I'm sure. I'm not an insulin user myself, so probably best to leave things to those with relevant experience.

Nick78

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Nick78 - @urbanracer isn't online at the moment, but I'm wondering if your thread would be more widely seen in the T1 or LADA areas? If you'd like your thread moved, just tag me (or any Mod for that matter) by adding an @ symbol directly before my user name, like this @Nick78 and we'll gladly move it for you. It takes a trice.

It certainly sounds like you've got a faor bit to contend with, but there are loads of experienced people here who can help you, I'm sure. I'm not an insulin user myself, so probably best to leave things to those with relevant experience.
Ok im still trying find my way around the forum how do i post to a paciffic section thanks

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok im still trying find my way around the forum how do i post to a paciffic section thanks

We don't really support duplicate threads as folks get a bit confused if they've replied or not. Your thread can absolutely stay here if you prefer. I was just trying to help you maximise things.