Increasingly frustrated by GP

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone who can't access their medical records should be aware that it was a requirement from April last year that surgeries provide this. You need to ask the Practice Manager when they will provide the service and complain to the CCG if they get awkward.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Anyone who can't access their medical records should be aware that it was a requirement from April last year that surgeries provide this. You need to ask the Practice Manager when they will provide the service and complain to the CCG if they get awkward.
Do you have a reference to that @Daibell ?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
only in england

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
20171210_090556.jpg
were you on Naproxen @ickihun ? it caused anemia in my husband and he had to stop taking it. Once he did so, his blood count went back to normal.

and have they checked you for any internal bleeding?
No no naproxen since nearly 4yrs ago. Once I had heart scare gp took it of me and was given codeine which only worked for a few weeks. Naproxen was very effective on maximum dose but it started my GERD.
Cardiologists don't like naproxen. It raises blood pressure too.

I thought my oxygen levels weren't right in my blood, for some time. I get itchy skin with white blebs. I've photographed some for those who need it.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mel dCP

Any news on your HbA1c? Am on tenderhooks here!
I know how much of a difference that Libre has made for you.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Mel dCP

Any news on your HbA1c? Am on tenderhooks here!
I know how much of a difference that Libre has made for you.
Receptionist told her she has to call back Monday. Humf!
(it doesn't look like she's on-line at mo).
There's nothing worse than waiting for good results.
They're keen to give us plenty of others, eh?

I don't get how I've got anaemia? I eat iron fortified foods as well as beef, greens, eggs and even peas.
I wonder if viral infection stole my vit c so less conversion. Me.... Anaemic?

For scan Monday... no fatty foods or fried for 24hrs previous. Not even milk.
Bland veg and chicken it is. Not even mackerel. :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well, before Christmas it was 89 - I’ve got to drop it by 27 to keep my Libre prescription. The MySugr app is giving me an estimate of 38; the LibreView software 39.

Thing is, until I know for certain, I’m on edge - I’m on the autism spectrum and don’t cope with not knowing and having to wait like this! Knowing the answer is there but won’t be given to me is quite difficult. My brain doesn’t handle moving goalposts very well!

It’s not serious in the great scheme of things, others have far more on their plate. I hope you get the answers you need xxx
@Brunneria and @Diakat.
I hope this helps.

Reactions: Diakat

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't get how I've got anaemia? I eat iron fortified foods as well as beef, greens, eggs and even peas.
I wonder if viral infection stole my vit c so less conversion. Me.... Anaemic?

There are different sorts of anaemia, not all are iron deficiencies.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
There are different sorts of anaemia, not all are iron deficiencies.
Awaiting GP's further info as I was just wriggled with pain. I couldn't listen to my results. He asked what my periods were doing... I told him spotted 2wks ago only. But I just wanted help with all the pain. I couldn't walk.
Hoping I can walk out tomorrow with Mr ickihun safely. Tramadol has took the edge off from simple movement. So hoping walking will be doable again.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My receptionist thinks I don’t need any strips because I use Libre... :sour: When I said I need them for driving she suggested I use the bus to save the NHS money!
Of all the ridiculous comments we've had on the forum I think this one must really "take the biscuit"!

We have a notice up in our surgery reminding us not to be offensive to our receptionists (who I must add always appear quite helpful) but perhaps this impertinent madam ought to have pointed out to her that respect is a two way thing! :banghead:

Robbity

Reactions: dbr10 and Diakat

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Of all the ridiculous comments we've had on the forum I think this one must really "take the biscuit"!

We have a notice up in our surgery reminding us not to be offensive to our receptionists (who I must add always appear quite helpful) but perhaps this impertinent madam ought to have pointed out to her that respect is a two way thing! :banghead:

Robbity
Totally agree.

My new one is just getting used to me... now. I only bother them for meds and doc appointments.... nothing more.
I shouted at her I was in agony and made huge effort to get there. I taxi there now. I have no choice.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It wasn’t even a low carb biscuit :D

My Libre is predicting between 36-41, but I’ve only had it eight weeks, and the HbA1c lie detector looks at the last three months, which in this case includes Christmas. I am aware that types ones cycle red blood cells faster than people with a pancreas (40 days?), so I’m really hoping I’m one of them! I need to get it below 62 (the CCG guidelines are that I reduce it by 27, and it was 89 before Christmas)

So I’m confident the time with the Libre will get me well under the target and into the normal range. It’s just the bit of time before that might show me up.

I’m currently compiling a list of reasons why I need to keep it. Planning on handing over a dossier of stuff...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It wasn’t even a low carb biscuit :D

My Libre is predicting between 36-41, but I’ve only had it eight weeks, and the HbA1c lie detector looks at the last three months, which in this case includes Christmas. I am aware that types ones cycle red blood cells faster than people with a pancreas (40 days?), so I’m really hoping I’m one of them! I need to get it below 62 (the CCG guidelines are that I reduce it by 27, and it was 89 before Christmas)

So I’m confident the time with the Libre will get me well under the target and into the normal range. It’s just the bit of time before that might show me up.

I’m currently compiling a list of reasons why I need to keep it. Planning on handing over a dossier of stuff...
Well done @Mel dCP :)

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know that a lot of you have had problems getting your test results but I have to say that in about 10yrs or more I have only had to wait more than 2 days once, and that was when the sample was mislaid, I often get it the same day! I have had the argument with the receptionist about not giving me the result until the doctor has seen it but I just explained that it is MY test result and I just wanted to know the Hba1c number, never had a problem fortunately, because I will admit that I can be a bit of a pain in the a**e when it comes to authority figures.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know that a lot of you have had problems getting your test results but I have to say that in about 10yrs or more I have only had to wait more than 2 days once, and that was when the sample was mislaid, I often get it the same day!

Same with me. There is a big notice up at our reception asking us to ring after 2pm for test results, so it is obviously surgery protocol to give them out over the phone. This has been the case for the whole 4 years I've been diagnosed. Before getting on-line access I rang the following afternoon, the receptionist gave me the HbA1c and lipid levels, then I asked for print outs and was able to collect them later that day. If one surgery can do it, why can't they all? Bad management somewhere along the line most likely.