Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I haven’t lost anything this week :banghead:, not sure why not :arghh:
So I’ll share some other good news instead; after volunteering at Cancer Research UK’s call centre since I retired from nursing in 2016, this week I was offered a paid position, I start next week! :happy::):happy:

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82.2kg 9th March’18
Total lost = 32.8kg/5stone 2lb

That’s great news rachox, well done

Reactions: ToveyKath

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all 1/2 lb off this week, it’s really slowing down

My weight loss has ground to a halt now so I’ve had to go through next week’s meal plan and try to cut the calories down. I walked for 20 mins today and am going to try to keep that up, arthritis permitting now it’s getting a bit warmer.

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My weight loss has ground to a halt now so I’ve had to go through next week’s meal plan and try to cut the calories down. I walked for 20 mins today and am going to try to keep that up, arthritis permitting now it’s getting a bit warmer.

You have done so well with you’re weight.
I’m hoping to up my walking again as weather gets warmer.
I’ve started having cream in my coffee’s to help bs, how much cream in a day do you have

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have done so well with you’re weight.
I’m hoping to up my walking again as weather gets warmer.
I’ve started having cream in my coffee’s to help bs, how much cream in a day do you have

I have 2 or 3 teaspoons with my breakfast and the same again with strawberries at dinner time. I am going to switch to a scoop of oppo ice cream at dinner time this coming week and try to cut down on nuts too. I just have a small amount of milk in my breakfast coffee then have it black the rest of the day. Hubby has said he’ll walk with me if he’s home at the right time. Just got to hope he doesn’t walk too fast, he’s a personal trainer :joyful:

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have 2 or 3 teaspoons with my breakfast and the same again with strawberries at dinner time. I am going to switch to a scoop of oppo ice cream at dinner time this coming week and try to cut down on nuts too. I just have a small amount of milk in my breakfast coffee then have it black the rest of the day. Hubby has said he’ll walk with me if he’s home at the right time. Just got to hope he doesn’t walk too fast, he’s a personal trainer :joyful:

I’m having a few coffee & cream a day & cream with strawberries when not having oppo.
Mayb I need to cut down. You take at a slow pace rachox

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
13 stone 5lb today. Started on 6th January this year on lchf weighing 15 stone 5lb so feeling optimistic. I sorted out my jeans yesterday and have put 5 pairs in a bag for the charity shop.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
13 stone 5lb today. Started on 6th January this year on lchf weighing 15 stone 5lb so feeling optimistic. I sorted out my jeans yesterday and have put 5 pairs in a bag for the charity shop.
Well done you on such an amazing drop in a few months you’re doing well - good feeling getting stuff into bags but the wardrobe can look a bit forlorn whilst you’re on your way down! Good to keep logging your loss here - it can help knowing you’ve got a weekly check in. I’m maintaining now but weekly logging in is helping me to remember it can go up as well as down!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My new target is 57 kg, so about 4kg more. It’s a bit arbitrary. When I got to my original target and still had more fat than I wanted, I kind of guessed how much it might weigh! If I lose the fat and weigh more than 57kg that will be enough.

what an amazing weightloss you mave managed ...and keeping it too.. congratulations

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been losing really slowly too. Keep going because those small losses really do add up. Good luck
Slow loss is the most sustainable - whilst I have enjoyed some rapid loss recently, I don't expect the big changes to continue - keeping weight off is so hard and whilst the lbs might not be rapidly falling, neither are they creeping up. Be proud of your achievements, you're doing great!

Reactions: Prem51

Happyhomelands

I have lost 3 kg only in the last 5 months on low carbs. Slow progression
Yes frustrating but better than moving in the wrong direction. My loss is also slow, but is has speeded up since I started using an app to track what I eat. I'm still doing lchf but I'm checking that the fat and protein don't push up my calories over 1600. I'm losing 2 or 3 pounds a week at the moment.

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Still43-2 My friend lost 3 lb at. Weight watchers do you think that if I go I may find it ?!!
CAROL
Different weight loss methods work for different people carty: I lost 5 stone with weight watchers several years ago (before piling it all back on again after becoming a helper & getting sloppy about how I portioned things out) - & when I tried again I wasn't in the right head space - I think that's the most important thing really, you have to be focused and be prepared to weather the ups and downs. For me I've found the blood sugar diet a real inspiration - & believe it will not only help me lose weight but also reduce my hba1c results. Also, I've always begrudged the fact that I have to pay for someone to weigh me & the literature etc changes all the time so you have to keep purchasing new books. I know people who've found Weight Watchers & Slimming World great, but I prefer Michael Mosley's blood sugar diet. I wish you good luck & whatever you decide you'll have support here

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Weight at diagnosis on 5.4.17 - 115.3 kg BMI 39.8
Lowest weight - 64.0kg BMI 22.1
Weight today 64.7 kg BMI 22.3
Total weight lost as of today 50.6kg

Not trying to lose any more - have been maintaining below my goal weight of 68kg since November 2017 - but hanging out on this thread as I keep trying to get the balance right :)

1.2kg down this week - a week of being very careful with no snacking at all has put me back below 65kg - meeting daughter tomorrow and taking my mum out for lunch on Sunday - so can afford a few treats :)
Well done!

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My weight is up and down like my fbgs. No one day the same.
Once my pain goes I'll be able to walk but at this rate I'm going to end up in a wheelchair. :(

Seeing GP today. It's either pain relief that works or a wheelchair. I have 2 young kids that need me mobile, however way that is. School runs cannot happen at mo.
Wheelchair or lose my kids? No brainer.

I only have months to wait for bariatric surgery if surgeon agrees.
Told will help my back but no cure.
Or is it bulging discs or gallbladder/liver area pain. Scan on Monday after been escalated to urgent.

I just feel whatever is going on and giving me infections (internally) can be resolved with all my pain too.
Still looking like gallbladder... maybe.
I'm so sorry you're in so much pain - I truly hope you get some relief soon so you can begin to enjoy family life more fully again, it must be so hard for you. Hope this week sees some improvement for you

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all - unintentionally lost a pound and a half this week but going to Italy on hols next week so this will allow me to ease up a little bit?
Have kept up my intermittent fasting regime of no breakfast for past two maintenance weeks and now getting hungrier in the morning so going to try a week of breakfast - it would also be rude not to as complimentary breakfast included in room rate - just hoping for stuff I can eat.
So will be a couple of weeks before check back in hopefully not any heavier than my target weight!
Also have just had a pre holiday spend on new clothes mainly in size 8 ! ( I’ve been working my way down from size 18/16 since last sept as much was on my middle) I don’t ever remember being size 8 and have given away all my bigger clothes as I’ve gone along so that I can’t go back rather than, as previously, keeping bigger clothes for in case! - thinking that the expense of clothes will be a big incentive if they start to get remotely tight. I really can’t afford to put weight on again! Has anyone else found that even their shoes are too big as they’ve lost weight!
I'm very impressed shelley262! You are an inspiration. I can't comment on my feet yet but look forward to finding out as I keep losing!! Enjoy your holiday