Another Newcastle diet poster

Tannith

BANNED
Why would someone want you to move the thread? You are undertaking a bit of research and useful information for anyone who is a Type 2. It shouldn't be restricted to a diet thread unless of course you are asking for advice on what you can and cannot eat to maintain your 800.

Keep going - publish everywhere and raise awareness of the great progress you are making.
Who asked you to move the thread?

Tannith

BANNED
I didn't really check mine.
Not much I could do about them, so I just stuck to the diet, and figured after eight weeks, I'd be cured, or I wouldn't be.
Either way, I'd have shifted some of my gut, so I wasn't gong to stress over the numbers too much.
You can't lose with ND really. As JCB man says even if the worst came to the very worst and ND did not put your T2 into remission, you would at least have lost some fat and thereby improved your health.

Reactions: Serena51

Dinet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
That's good, my gp didn't discuss low carb, they use some kind of agency to help. My experience of this forum makes me think that forum support is more effective.
Hear hear! Same here

Tannith

BANNED
End of week 3 update
Have lost 4lbs this week

Monday FBG 5.1
Tuesday FBG 4.9
Wednesday FBG 5.5
Thursday FBG 4.6
Friday FBG 5.0
Saturday FBG 5.8
Sunday FBG 6.3

Bloods have been really great this week Saturday and Sunday were going the high 5 into 6s I think this is the fact I was struggling to have my intake of water. This is due to my other illnesses as having a bad flare with ME/ CFS and sleeping more than normal.
This week also has been a struggle with the mind as every smell and picture of food has been like calling my name. But I've been strong and struck to this. What I have done is download some books to prepare for when this ends and foods I will be eating then, so thinking of the future and not now.
Very well done. Congratulations. I too have other health problems which cannot be solved so am relieved that there is possible reversal of this one at least. It's one to cross off the list!

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
End of week 4

Lost 3lbs this week

Monday FBG 5.8
Tuesday FBG 4.9
Wednesday FBG 4.9
Thursday FBG 4.8
Friday FBG 5.1
Saturday FBG 5.7
Sunday FBG 5.0

Really good results this week haven't been good in other health news though. But this is one thing that is going great. I'm a day late putting these up as spent day chilling out with kids for mother's Day. Was a strange one with being on the Newcastle but my kids bought me some thoughtful stuff and even got me a carbs and Cal's recipe book so I can start getting ready for when I transfer at the end .

Reactions: Pipp

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
End of week 5

Lost 2lbs this week

Monday FBG 5.7
Tuesday FBG 5.4
Wednesday FBG 5.6
Thursday FBG 5.2
Friday FBG 6.1
Saturday FBG 5.2
Sunday FBG 6.0

Reactions: Happyhomelands

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haven't posted in nearly a month.
But doing really well with my FBS always below 6 every morning. Only reason haven't posted is cause being dealing with other health issues. I'm into the start of week 9 and I've lost 2 stone 2 lb . I know some may say the Newcastle diet is only 8 weeks but my doctor has said for 12 weeks.
I've already been starting to sort out the diet for after and have everything in place for a low carb high fat diet. Hope anyone doing this diet if you feel you have any questions if I can answer I will try my best.

Reactions: marathonmona

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today is the final day of my Newcastle diet , I've done 12 weeks as my dietitian wanted me too.
I've had some ups and downs it's not been easy but I've gotten to the end.
I started the diet with a weight of 18.6 stone and I'm now 15.8 so just 2 pounds off losing 3stone.
My bloods every morning are in 5s two hours after eating they don't go above 6.5.
I've got my new lifestyle planned and ready so as not to fall back over and feel able to cope well.
I would say to any one newly diagnosed with T2D to just give the Newcastle diet a try , you have nothing to lose by trying.
So looking forward to my new tomorrow and the next challenge.

Reactions: marathonmona

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations; you should be proud of your success - especially sticking with it for 12 weeks! not an easy task. Hope things go well for you into the next stage of your new lifestyle. Perhaps let folks know occasionally how things go for you from here on; it could help to encourage others who may be considering following the Newcastle diet. :)

charlie000

End of week 3 update
Have lost 4lbs this week

Monday FBG 5.1
Tuesday FBG 4.9
Wednesday FBG 5.5
Thursday FBG 4.6
Friday FBG 5.0
Saturday FBG 5.8
Sunday FBG 6.3

Bloods have been really great this week Saturday and Sunday were going the high 5 into 6s I think this is the fact I was struggling to have my intake of water. This is due to my other illnesses as having a bad flare with ME/ CFS and sleeping more than normal.
This week also has been a struggle with the mind as every smell and picture of food has been like calling my name. But I've been strong and struck to this. What I have done is download some books to prepare for when this ends and foods I will be eating then, so thinking of the future and not now.

Hi

Can you let us know what you have been eating? How much you sleep? What time you sleep? Exercise? So I can see similarities and differences

maldini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
2 faced people
I have posted in the type 2 board was told would probably be best to post up in here. I'm in my first week on day five now on the second day I came down with a cold but have continued on. I also have ME/CFS and fibromyalgia on top of the type 2 diabetes. I was diagnosed in October and have bg levels of 18 most days, I'm very excited about this diet as it's only day five and on day two my bloods were 7.2 and today on day five fasting bloods are 5.1!! Haven't had that in I can't tell you how long. So this in itself is giving me strength for the next 7 weeks. Thanks to who ever reads x
ive been on this diet 4 weeks and my fasting bllods are down to between 5 and 7except for 1 day when i broke the rules.ive more energy and i now go to the gym as well,for toning swimming yoga ,pilates,.ime really going to sick with it ,and a tiple of gin instead of beer is also on my list of changes.