What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
good morning all :)

4.3 today

had my latest results from the nurse yesterday HbA1c is 27 :joyful: only up 1 point from last time which I'm very pleased with because I've been tweaking my food intake to level my weight out.

Blood results are marked normal including lipid profile which is reassuring when I've been adding in more butter and coconut oil ;)

total cholesterol 4.4 mmol/L, Trigs. 0.5, HDL 1.21, calculated LDL 3.0 - results seem better than results 6 months ago as HDL was marked low then?

From memory my blood pressure was 117/71 ( I should have written it down at the time :sorry:)

I have been seeing her every three months since diagnosis 21 months ago ( weight checking) but now don't have to see her for 6 months. Had an 'all day breakfast' with mr. gee to celebrate.

Yay for lower carb , healthy fat!

thank you all so much for your support and help so far :) couldn't have got this far without it
Amazing

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. This is 1 of 3 pieces of data which are all on target/acceptable but have been better recently. In my mind they would all be better due to improved focus on them but I will hold my nerve for a few days. The data are weight. sleep and fbg which are fine but seem to have dropped out of really good since Sunday and I just can't work out why.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.1 today

thank you all for your kind messages :happy: I am very pleased and relieved at my latest results. It's good to feel that we're not alone and that there are others in our diabetic 'clan' who understand the oddities of our 'shadow companion' ;)

Looking forward to buttery scrambled eggs for breakfast :)
have a good day everyone.

Cyclospora

Type of diabetes
Type 2
13.3 :( Im diet (un)controlled at the moment and went off the rails for a bit but back on the wagon now. Just rejoined low carb plan and gave myself a kick up the bum to get a grip! Daughters wedding in 6 weeks so need to lose about half a stone for that which will help.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
13.3 :( Im diet (un)controlled at the moment and went off the rails for a bit but back on the wagon now. Just rejoined low carb plan and gave myself a kick up the bum to get a grip! Daughters wedding in 6 weeks so need to lose about half a stone for that which will help.

Well done for getting back on the wagon, you’re in the right place! Focussing on your daughter’s wedding will give you good reason for staying on the straight and narrow. Hope you enjoy the low carb plan, you can do it.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK always good to think it through but it can be a double edged sword for folks like me who over analyse. Lots of very wise people on these boards so don't be afraid to ask. Also, results don't always show up as fast as you might think so while monitoring results stay patient. Unfortunately, there will also be fairly random results which you just have to take on the chin and carry on as normal.

Totally agree.

At the moment I am just happy to have achieved what I have, being an Aspie I know I too can over analyse hence taking a step back to think through my questions to the good folk here. I'm a noob at this so I'm relying on more experienced opinions like yours which, in turn, makes me want to ask the right questions.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning.......could be the pain from cracked rib which disturbed me in the night several times.The leg is behaving nicely and much less pain thank goodness!
My big treat yesterday was having my hair shampooed by hubby,simple pleasures!lm all good to go to see consultant at hospital on Thursday.This trip will test the wheelchair skills.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally agree.

At the moment I am just happy to have achieved what I have, being an Aspie I know I too can over analyse hence taking a step back to think through my questions to the good folk here. I'm a noob at this so I'm relying on more experienced opinions like yours which, in turn, makes me want to ask the right questions.
@HarrisonK many others on here are far more experienced than me. I should take my own advice a bit more. Posted earlier about data not being totally to my liking. Just looked at 3 years worth of data and fbg quite a bit below that average so is overall average bg level. (Still think it should be better!)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@HarrisonK always good to think it through but it can be a double edged sword for folks like me who over analyse. Lots of very wise people on these boards so don't be afraid to ask. Also, results don't always show up as fast as you might think so while monitoring results stay patient. Unfortunately, there will also be fairly random results which you just have to take on the chin and carry on as normal.
Random is weird. I agree

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Just to say a huge thank you to ianspurs, DJC3 and Granny_grump for your kind and supporting words. They are much appreciated. Just off to mum's to help her get ready for her weekly hair appointment. More anxiety! No testing today. Too tired to bother. :couchpotato: Hubby bought me breakfast in bed, bless him. :happy: Have a good day everyone.:)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning. Have been exercising on the elliptical trainer for half an hour each day, but boy is it hard when you have a cold. Anyway seems to keep my blood sugar levels nice and low.

@Granny_grump_ Wonderful that your leg seems to healing well.
@dogslife -- Thinking of you today.
@Cyclospora -- Welcome to the thread and the forum. Stick with us and you will soon see lower blood sugar levels. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hello all. Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning. Have been exercising on the elliptical trainer for half an hour each day, but boy is it hard when you have a cold. Anyway seems to keep my blood sugar levels nice and low.

@Granny_grump_ Wonderful that your leg seems to healing well.
@dogslife -- Thinking of you today.
@Cyclospora -- Welcome to the thread and the forum. Stick with us and you will soon see lower blood sugar levels. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Thank you ziggy.:)