Benefits of type 1 (positive little story)

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I took my 5 year old daughter swimming today and it was my first time back in the swimming baths since my diagnosis. I mentioned to the woman at reception that I was a little nervous and told her about my condition. Ends up her dad and sister are both type 1 as well and she LET ME IN FOR FREE saving me €10!

Anyway, I didn’t have a hypo although I barely moved a muscle and didn’t actually do much swimming. Had fun tho. Just thought I’d share a POSITIVE story.

Anyone else had any positive things happen today? Doesn’t have to be diabetes related. Let’s share some positivity!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up.
Sugars stayed between 10 and 4 all day ( so far :) )
Got home from work and grandson insisted I play with him. I was Hawkeye, he was Captain America and nanna was Ultron ( a baddie ). Poor nanna had a rough time of it:):):):).

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I ate spaghetti for the first time in over a year. (because the cauliflower was ridiculusly expensive) It was delicious! Only finished 20 minutes ago, so I'm not sure yet if this stays a positive today, I'll ask my Libre about it later :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A website I've had built/designed from scratch has gone into UAT testing. Feels positive but might be tough.
Had to google UAT testing ( me and technology ha ha) . Sounds impressive. Good luck and I hope you pass ( if that's the correct terminology :) )

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Had to google UAT testing ( me and technology ha ha) . Sounds impressive. Good luck and I hope you pass ( if that's the correct terminology :) )
Thanks. I hope I pass - It's been a learning experience.
Has Mrs Rower recovered from being defeated?

Reactions: therower

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
That's great to hear @mountaintom each small step is a great achievement so keep on doing them :)

I also went swimming this evening with daughter and her friend, started out at 7.4mmol/l with a small orange on board, disconnected my pump swam fairly solidly for 30 mins came out at 7.2mmol/l which was perfect for me. Also ran 2.8km this afternoon and again stayed perfectly in range. Great day as avoided going low :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I thought it would look far more attractive than the pump, certainly caught a few stares !!

Reactions: mountaintom

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I ate spaghetti for the first time in over a year. (because the cauliflower was ridiculusly expensive) It was delicious! Only finished 20 minutes ago, so I'm not sure yet if this stays a positive today, I'll ask my Libre about it later :)
So I guess spaghetti is back on the menu with a split bolus (or possibly a triple bolus, depending on the next 2 hours ). A positive day indeed! Also positive is that this screenshot doesn't show what happened before , so I'll happily ignore the first half of the day :angelic:
Screenshot_2018-03-13-22-52-55.png

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get my flu shot today!!! Everyone at uni is sick so I've been eagerly awaiting it. So far I have avoided catching anything due to a combo of good hygiene and sitting away from sick people (and not sitting in the front row since the lecturer is also sick).

Reactions: lindijanice

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Woken at 5.00 by what sounded like footsteps in the hall. Argh! Lay still, phone emergency setting to hand. Silence. Then the cat yowled, sounded frightened. Argh. Yowled again. Plucked up the courage to turn on the lights, went downstairs, clutching phone (him indoors slept on, or pretended to).

The cat flap banged. Outside cat and neighbouring moggy were facing off. Phew. Better still, there wasn’t a full on fight, no fur flying, no blood, no vet bills, just an empty food bowl. The sun rose, the birds began twittering and all’s well with the world.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First, I got up.
Then I went downtown. To look for a job.
Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.
(whose classic comedy routine is that from? I'll show your age lol)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
First, I got up.
Then I went downtown. To look for a job.
Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.
(whose classic comedy routine is that from? I'll show your age lol)
There I was thinking it was a quirk in the US health system...