Another question: food

as34bc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Basicaly only carbs. I'm sceptical as I experimented with all of that and my BG reacted to this food as to any other carbs.
I had the same problem until I switched to whole carbs only. I have noticed that my blood sugar was spiking when I was eating refined or highly processed foods but not when I changed to whole foods.

Please note that when I said that I was bulking up my salad with beans, etc., the carb was a small part of the meal, not the main.

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. I should have said that it worked for me and that does not mean it will work for everyone.
I need to lose some weight so I am also going to try the 5:2 diet.
What that's it
you not going to argue or try to pick a fight , you just going to respond as mature, well rounded, decent human being.
Ohhh you sneaky bastich. :p
:bag:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Peridot

On your fruit thread, you said your doctor also warned you off raspberries because they are very high in carb.

My GP says raspberries are v high carb - especially frozen ones (no prizes for guessing what I take into work for my breakfast with yoghurt and a small portion of paleo granola). Is this correct? I thought berries were low? What could I use instead?

You know this isn't true. Can you believe anything he says? I would be considering a change of doctor.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
whole carbs only
As I said, I experimented with all that "whole" thing, and it is the same carb as others - only with slower digestion. It is "slow" carb as for example pasta. Paradoxically I like much more "quick" carbs, because I can control it with physical activity - they go quickly up but also quickly down. I don't see any advantage to have BG over 5.6 for a long time.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you please send the stuff in the top picture over to my address, per expresse? I think I need it right now.

I am sure you would enjoy it as much as I did...

For nearly 20 years my family had avoided fatty cuts of meat since my father's first triple bypass. It was quite a revelation to have stumbled upon LCHF upon my own T2D diagnosis with HbA1c @11%. It worked with pretty much immediate effect....HbA1c reached 5.5% within 3 months...

The chart shows my first day of diagnosis when I received my glucometer from eBay on 1st Sep 2015. Got a confirmed diagnosis on the 8 Sep. Was prescribed 2 tabs of Trajentaduo per day. Took it for a day and started LCHF...the rest is history...

14102513_1796499817261143_5218689255100165662_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

as34bc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What that's it
you not going to argue or try to pick a fight , you just going to respond as mature, well rounded, decent human being.
Ohhh you sneaky bastich.
:bag:
No fight. I am just reporting what worked for me.

A lot of people seem to be concentrating on controlling the symptoms of T2 (elevated blood sugar) which in the short term can be achieved by a low carb diet and/or medication. I was more interested in not taking any medication and a permanent cure. My research led to an organic whole plant diet and it has worked very well for me.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I eat any vegetable origin stuff, it is fresh and untampered with - but I could not eat 'whole' carbs without my BG going high and staying high, legumes, baked potatoes - brown rice - wooosh - into the high teens for hours, even through into the following day.
Meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, cheese - barely a flicker. Huge salads, low carb stirfry, under two whole number increase - no problem - plus as time passed, the same meal resulted in lower numbers. I was, presumably starting off lower, but I did not test as frequently once I got to under 8mmol/l after meals.
It is not, as far as I can see, something short term. If I go on eating like this - and enjoying it greatly - I can't envisage any return of high BG readings.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My! the meat in that picture must be 70% fat! At least!

By most account, pork belly has 50% fat. So it is a very balanced meal...50% fat, 50% protein...not really high fat...and if I may add, a recent study rank it as a rather nutritious food... :D

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My GP says I should mainly or exclusively eat veg - no protein (other than some pulses I imagine). I thought as long as I cut the (simple) carbs, that would get my blood sugar down. I am reluctant to live a life without meat and fish - is this really necessary?
NO!!! :banghead:

Robbity