LCHF Works amazingly well

EliseC65_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I got the type 2 diagnosis at the end of November with hba1c of 79!

Came on here and had a major whinge, but got myself a meter and cut out every carb I could. I’ve lost 11 kilos :). Just got my latest test results back and everything is normal again., according to the gp. Whoop whoop!

I’ve also been walking twice a day to get in about 3-5 miles; out every lunchtime and after work. I’m going to join our local Run like a Girl group to start couch to 5k in April as well. Still taking 1 metformin SR at lunchtime.

I also use the MySugr app to see my hba1c going down.

So happy

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What a sterling effort, well done and good luck for the Run.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got my latest test results back and everything is normal again., according to the gp. Whoop whoop!

Brilliant! Have you asked for a print out, so you can see for yourself how normal it is? I think that would be wise.

Well done, and that weight loss is tremendous. :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Great enthusiasm and superb result.

Reactions: Dodo and ziggy_w

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's amazing, well done - and you are an inspiration with your walking and running, way to go!
If you know your latest hbA1c - can I ask how close was it to your predicted hbA1c result on mysugr? Asking as I'm using mysugr to track my progress, with my 3month review coming up in a month. I know others have found it reasonably accurate.

Reactions: Dodo and ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done you! Sterling effort on your part!

Reactions: Liam1955

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news very well done indeed. So good to hear of people taking control and succeeding.

ivorgreen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's great to hear from anyone who has succeeded on LCHF I have been type 2 since July 2000 and have been on LCHF since early last year but my Hba1c is still 73 (UK) and I didn't lose any weight. Two weeks ago my doctor stopped my Metformin
due to the poor state of my kidneys. I have fought against these tablets for 18 years and its finally happened and guess what,
I've lost 8lb.
Ivor

Reactions: SueO246

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's great to hear from anyone who has succeeded on LCHF I have been type 2 since July 2000 and have been on LCHF since early last year but my Hba1c is still 73 (UK) and I didn't lose any weight. Two weeks ago my doctor stopped my Metformin
due to the poor state of my kidneys. I have fought against these tablets for 18 years and its finally happened and guess what,
I've lost 8lb.
Ivor

Wow! That's a bit left field! Have you been put on anything else, or are you flying solo, so to speak?

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations, and keep it up! And maybe spread the word. I had similar results and DN wanted to know how I did it... LCHF and the help from here!

masonap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celebrity pop stars, football.
That's amazing, well done - and you are an inspiration with your walking and running, way to go!
If you know your latest hbA1c - can I ask how close was it to your predicted hbA1c result on mysugr? Asking as I'm using mysugr to track my progress, with my 3month review coming up in a month. I know others have found it reasonably accurate.

I started using mysugr before christmas, I find it useful to have my readings close at hand (but I prefer the old pen and paper stuff). Anyway the app told me my HbA1c was 5.3% and when I had my real blood test at the Dr's it came back as 5.0% so I was well pleased. If the app is overestimating the HbA1c then that's good (for me).