HBA1C - 108 August - 36 March

Kingmob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wanted to says thanks again to everyone here, doubt I'd have anywhere near the level of control I have today without this site and the wealth of advice people have offered.

Diagnosed late August, wasn't told at the time but found out a few months later during Desmond course by hba1c was 108 at diagnosis. Only other person on the course with a result anywhere close to that had ended up being admitted to hospital. Didn't find the course useful but having that bombshell dropped on me just wasn't helpful. Thankfully had been lurking here and that gave me the push I needed to join.

Previous hba1c was high 40's back in October, wasn't expecting a huge difference this time around as I felt I let things slide way too much between xmas and late January.

Find LC, logging food and being aware of rough daily calorie count works well for me but have taken a bit of a different route in that my typical day has been quite protein heavy (10% carbs, 30-40% fat, rest protein).

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fabulous work, keep it up!

Kingmob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awesome drop, incredible! Well done. :) What has your nurse had to say?

Nurse has been great, very supportive and interested in what I've been doing. First visit I got what sounds like the typical advice given but both visits since then mentioned how been cutting carbs and got encouragement and some sound advice. Was on metformin twice a day, agreed to cut that down to one and likely to drop totally after next visit.

Sadly can't say same about doctor who told me I needed to lose weight and that condition was chronic and just didn't seem interested.

Change seemed daunting at first but seeing what people here have been able to do and the different approaches people have taken really helped me find what has worked for me.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nurse has been great, very supportive and interested in what I've been doing. First visit I got what sounds like the typical advice given but both visits since then mentioned how been cutting carbs and got encouragement and some sound advice. Was on metformin twice a day, agreed to cut that down to one and likely to drop totally after next visit.

Sadly can't say same about doctor who told me I needed to lose weight and that condition was chronic and just didn't seem interested.

Change seemed daunting at first but seeing what people here have been able to do and the different approaches people have taken really helped me find what has worked for me.

Again, very well done, and great to know you have a nurse on your side supporting you.