Taken off diabetes register

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I got the phone call this morning off my GP and they have agreed to take me off the register after 5 years of non diabetic readings. I am delighted!

I understand this is not for everybody but its right for my family and I.

I will still be self testing occasionally and I have been invited for annual blood tests which I intend to take up.

The surgery has made it clear they are always there to support me if anything changes.

For me, it's a win win. And I am very very happy but never complacent and I will be doing my best to support others on a similar journey.....

Reactions: Prem51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Congratulations, it is what you wanted and that is what matters. Hope you will keep visiting us, sharing your experiences and spurring on the newbies.

Reactions: VinnyJames

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have already signed a document to say i only want NHS screening once every two years. I think they are doing a pilot to reduce screening for certain patients.

Notwithstanding that i do have a private eye screening annually.

I also have a very good relationship with the practice nurse that would allow me access to NHS eye screening.

If my blood sugars ever start to creep up i will most certainly not be too proud to bang on the surgery door...

Reactions: Guzzler