Easter Eggs

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Talking of chocolate has anyone tried this

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produ...ark-85-cocoa-with-stevia/663287-437718-437719

I bought some this week.. only had a few squares but was ok. Less bitter than most dark choc but had a slightly grainy texture. No impact on bloods that I could see although it was after a pretty fatty meal of duck egg omelette with pork belly.
I've just checked and ordered some via Ocado - I've been trying the Green &Black's 85% which I don;t like - but I did enjoy their more carby 70% cocoa bar.. So I'm hoping that the stevia will take the edge off any bitterness with the Cavalier bar?

Robbity

Pete46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you like Hotel Chocolate dark chocolate eggs but find their prices a bit much wait until Easter Monday when they sell all their Easter stock off, usually at 50% off and you can check what stores have left in stock online. We will even drive to a different town to stores that stock the eggs we all want, the savings alone are worth the drive :)

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I loved the small toffee filled eggs and millionaires shortbread. Having done some research I am going to try to make low carb millionaires shortbread with flaxseed base, Lindt 99% and cream ganache topping and low carb caramel middle. Not strictly an Easter egg but an attempt to get the taste I enjoyed at Easter.
My favourite was actually the Hot Cross Buns - have tried them last 2 years and bg ok but have been very good this year and eschewed them.

I may be sadly old fashioned, but I seem to remember Hot Cross Buns only being sold on Good Friday when the baker's were only open half a day.

Now they are out on display all year round.