Type 1 pain and bulging veins ?

samowen268

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi everyone I haven’t posted in a while, in general my bloods have been very good in the past few months and I haven’t had hardly any high blood sugars! (Can’t avoid the odd one of course)

but in the past couple of weeks, I keep getting really raised veins in my feet and bottom of my legs, if I walk when they are risen they bulge even more and it feels as if they are squeezing?? It’s quite painful and it’s scaring me to death! I went for a foot check up, they told me that i had a good pulse and I felt all the pin pricks and vibrations they did on my feet.. so I don’t have loss of sensation, it’s just like the blood can’t get through my veins in a way??

Sorry I’m not great at explaining, i am going to Greece in a few weeks and don’t want to have issues walking then so was wondering if there’s a way I can fix this.. I went to a doctor but she didn’t seem too concerned and gave me little explanation for it, she basically fobbed me off saying I should see my diabetic nurse, has anyone else had this problem?

also I’m 19 if anyone was wondering, history of high blood sugars but I’ve got this under control now, thank u in advance :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @samowen268 . I'm no expert but could you be suffering with varicose veins? From my limited knowledge it sounds like it could possibly be something to consider. There's a wrath of information on the internet about the condition, it may benefit you to have a look.
If nothing else at least this post will bump your thread.
Good luck.

Reactions: samowen268

samowen268

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @samowen268 . I'm no expert but could you be suffering with varicose veins? From my limited knowledge it sounds like it could possibly be something to consider. There's a wrath of information on the internet about the condition, it may benefit you to have a look.
If nothing else at least this post will bump your thread.
Good luck.

After looking online I do think it might be varicose veins!!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Sounds like varicose to me as well ... very much