A1CNow Accuracy

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Has anyone used the A1CNow recently (last 6 months or so) and had comparative figures from a lab based test. I am trying to gauge what real world experience of the device yields compared to what is on the site - I got a 34 last week, which is more inline with my expectations.

http://www.ptsdiagnostics.com/a1cnow-self-check.html
upload_2018-3-9_12-8-20.png

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone used the A1CNow recently (last 6 months or so) and had comparative figures from a lab based test. I am trying to gauge what real world experience of the device yields compared to what is on the site - I got a 34 last week, which is more i

http://www.ptsdiagnostics.com/a1cnow-self-check.html
View attachment 25609

Me! Me! ME!!

Firstly, not sure we got all you might have intended to post. If you need to alter it, but ccan't, just let me or any of the Mods know in the time honoured way.

Curiously I bought a box of these recently, as I'm not on annual HbA1cs (last one November) and I'd been eating more carbs than usual for a couple of months. As my finger prick testing A1c averages and HbA1cs are never aligned, I thought I'd pick them up. I have had a couple of batches, over the years.

When I did my initial home test I returned 4.8% (they test on that basis), which I thought was a bit adrift, as my last several lab tests have literally toggled 21<>33<>31<>33 and so on.

Unexpectedly, I ended up having an oil tankers worth of bloods on Wednesday, for something non-diabetic, but my GP is very good at just adding the A1c on. The result was back yesterday, at 30 or 4.9%, so I unexpectedly entered the 4s Club.

My experience of A1cNow tests is they have been consistently within 0.1%. That's good enough for me, considering they are capillary versus venous blood.

Some people find they have numerous failed tests, with errors returned, but I've not experienced that at all. If I recall, @NoCrbs4Me and I think @Brunneria were amongst those who had issues just getting results, rather than the results, unless I miremember.

How have you found them? That, I think is the part of your post that might not have reached the outside world.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Thanks, I have amended, an IT guy who can't cut and paste. Well done on your results, which backup the manufacturers claims on their website. Next month I will perform a test on the same day as my surgery lab test.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did have problems, partly because I didn’t follow the instructions properly - which said store the tests in the fridge, then let the test warm to room temp before use. I didnt wait long enough.

Having said that, this was 3or 4 years ago now, so i wouldn’t assume that my comments are relevant now.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Just checked the price on Amazon. Ouch!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
BHR Pharmaceuticals LTD | www.bhr.co.uk are cheaper at £44ish - which I thought wasn't too bad really for 2 tests.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
It was accurate when I tried it.

Later123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I ordered this from Amazon. The first kit came with two tests for about $44 USD.

Both tests came back with an error, Error #8 I believe. I phoned the manufacturer and received a voice mail to leave my number. Not encouraging when the trouble department is so busy you get a voice mail.

The return call came in about 30 minutes from a nice lady. She did not know what the error number meant, checked with someone and came back on the line.

Error # 8 is for misalignment of the insertion tab with the meter. With two misalignments, one after another, they decided the meter was defective and asked me to return the meter to them. They sent me a packet and a new test which worked precisely as the instructions indicated.

I did NOT know I needed to allow the test to warm up to room temperature so I am glad to have that information for the next test which is currently in the frig. Although everything is sealed, I put it all in another baggie for good keeping and easy finding for the next test.

If these tests are generally consistent with my physician's tests I will use this product again.

Last edited: