Type 2 Is it normal to be seen by Diabetic Nurse every 8 months?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
nope was switched to met only before Christmas. I think they are worried that I'm odd. this is true of course I'm very odd.

There are clearly advantages in being odd. ;)

PS. It would help confused people like me if you could update your profile to reflect your current medication.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you for the welcome. I suppose I am feeling a little frustrated by being told I wouldn't need to be seen until Nov because it had taken me from Jan of last year, until Nov to even get the blood test that led to my diagnosis, ( my symptoms were casebook stress according to two docs, and it was actually a locum who ordered the tests ) and now I know what is wrong, I feel I am being ' dismissed ' again.
May depend on your surgeries work load however insist on 6mth blood test then book nurse to discuss. I'm sure they'd appreciate the nudge.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
once a year for HBA1C, and they’ve now decided that’s in the month of your birthday.
In a couple of years the statistics will prove that people born in january will have significant higher hba1c's than others :wacky:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In a couple of years the statistics will prove that people born in january will have significant higher hba1c's than others :wacky:

I had my routine blood test that gave me my diagnosis on the 2nd January. I was certain it was because of Christmas, my birthday, New Years Eve and a 2 week holiday shortly before Christmas. I was wrong. Sadly, my next test 2 months later was the same!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my routine blood test that gave me my diagnosis on the 2nd January. I was certain it was because of Christmas, my birthday, New Years Eve and a 2 week holiday shortly before Christmas. I was wrong. Sadly, my next test 2 months later was the same!
That's too bad, Bluetit. On the up side, I'm happy you're on this forum!

Reactions: Bluetit1802