Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Try celeriac mash with mozzarella and cheddar mixed in and some cheddar on top at the end. Used to love cheese and potato with home grown potatoes but that is a far superior product in my mind.

Yum! Ive tried roasted and chipped celeriac but this sounds delicious, it’s on tonight’s menu as of now.

Does it freeze well do you know? The rest of my gang hate celeriac so it’d be useful to put individual portions for me into the freezer.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Does it freeze well do you know? The rest of my gang hate celeriac so it’d be useful to put individual portions for me into the freezer.
@DJC3 I have never tried to freeze celeriac. A clue for me lies in no supermarket selling it frozen but they do broccoli and cauliflower - even riced in both cases. You can grow it and leave it in the ground over winter but covered with straw - I did that and it was fine. One of us needs to try to freeze it as a tester.

Edit:
I've got about half of one in the fridge so I volunteer to test it out. We will see what happens but obviously need a decent period of time to make it a valid test.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I have never tried to freeze celeriac. A clue for me lies in no supermarket selling it frozen but they do broccoli and cauliflower - even riced in both cases. You can grow it and leave it in the ground over winter but covered with straw - I did that and it was fine. One of us needs to try to freeze it as a tester.

Edit:
I've got about half of one in the fridge so I volunteer to test it out. We will see what happens but obviously need a decent period of time to make it a valid test.

Good point re commercial frozen celeriac. I await your results with interest, thanks for volunteering.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A slightly disappointing 6.2 today. Not sure if its diet related or the fact that I feel like crud because of the tail end of the cold. Bah humbug!
@Nicksu I have exactly the same issue, appreciably higher fbg and breakfast equivalent readings and not sure if IF or cold to blame. Sympathise with you, I am struggling to hold my nerve over IF but will sit on my hands for a couple more days.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
@Nicksu I have exactly the same issue, appreciably higher fbg and breakfast equivalent readings and not sure if IF or cold to blame. Sympathise with you, I am struggling to hold my nerve over IF but will sit on my hands for a couple more days.
I finally went for my HBAC1 test today - review next week. I may be getting my knuckles rapped!

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No, I am not a star mate, but I will tell my partner she is tho' as she is the one who suggested it.
@Tipetoo Please pass on my thanks to your good lady. The method seems very sensible and similar to how we deal with bottling tomatoes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My god I feel useless everyone’s morning bloods are amazing I’m so unstable was 13.8 myself
@sarahm723 don't feel useless. Everyone has a starting point and sharing what they were will reassure you. Testing is the start at least you know where you are and you can formulate a plan. Stick on these forums and ask questions. Hang around for a year and people will be asking you how you did it.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My god I feel useless everyone’s morning bloods are amazing I’m so unstable was 13.8 myself
dont feel like that . people in here have cracked the code, most eat less than 150 grams of carbs in a day , and when doing that most can get their numbers down in a normal level--- if not many go even lower like under 100 grams in total in a day