Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

D

Deleted member 308541

@Tipetoo sounds very New Man for Aus to me - can't see Merv Hughes doing that myself!
We grew up in the swinging sixties.

If Merv caught you on the pitch when he used to chase after the person who caught the ball he would near stick his tongue in their eargiving them a kiss.

This one with AB is tame.

Reactions: ianpspurs

sarahm723

Type of diabetes
Type 1
dont feel like that . people in here have cracked the code, most eat less than 150 grams of carbs in a day , and when doing that most can get their numbers down in a normal level--- if not many go even lower like under 100 grams in total in a day

Started lchf yesterday I’m not sure if I’m doing it right or am eating too little carbs but it’s all trial and error I guess thanks

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
sarahm723 Don't get too down we all have good days and bad days for a lot of us it's taken a long time to get things under control though it does not always go to plan, Persistence is the key and please don't get discouraged. And remember it is different for T2 and T1 though many T2's dont take insulin and so dont have to contend with many of the variables such as working out how to balance carbs against insulin dosage and still avoid hypos so for a T1 13.8 isn't quite so bad as you may imagine.

Reactions: bigjim19

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started lchf yesterday I’m not sure if I’m doing it right or am eating too little carbs but it’s all trial and error I guess thanks
you cant eat too little/ few carbs.. well yes you can eat too few carbs if you are type 1 diabetic.. and/or if you are on insuline or insuline affecting medication.. your avatar says that you are type 1 diabetic , correct me if I am wrong ... type 1 and type 2 are two very different diseases and nedd to be treated sometimes in very opposite ways..

Last edited:
Reactions: Keesha

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@sarahm723 In many ways it is trial and error for us all as number of carbs and what spikes us can vary hugely. Just test before and after meals to see the changes and eliminate foods or meals that give big rises. As @JohnEGreen said, you being type1 have it harder so don't beat yourself up

Last edited:
Reactions: bigjim19 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try blanching it first before freezing it @ianspurs it will not go dark then when it's frozen.

Here's a linky. https://www.leaf.tv/articles/how-to-freeze-celeriac/

Ah! I was thinking of freezing individual portions of mash, not the raw ( or blanched root)
It keeps uncooked for ages in the fridge so not sure it’s worth freezing like that, but if it’s ok to freeze blanched, I guess it must be ok to freeze once cooked?

@ianpspurs I tried your cheesy celeriac mash this evening - delicious!

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I tried your cheesy celeriac mash this evening - delicious!
@DJC3 Very pleased and relieved, you never know what someone else will make of recipes. The mozzarella and cheddar mix works better than just cheddar. I am going to make a cottage pie with that topping tomorrow.
I had a broccoli quiche with no pastry, 3 of our own eggs, cheddar cheese, with roast kale. 4.9 @ 2 hrs definite keeper!

Last edited:

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not good today, 19.8. Been feeling out of sorts since waking at 3.30 am, was 19.1 then, just taken now and it’s 19.8. Not sure if it’s a bug, or if this sort of reading makes you feel out of sorts. Anyway, I will work out an eating plan for the next few days, I have a lchf book to read that arrived yesterday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not good today, 19.8. Been feeling out of sorts since waking at 3.30 am, was 19.1 then, just taken now and it’s 19.8. Not sure if it’s a bug, or if this sort of reading makes you feel out of sorts. Anyway, I will work out an eating plan for the next few days, I have a lchf book to read that arrived yesterday.
@peony50 Is that much higher than usual could maybe ask doctors to check all is well? Take care please.

Reactions: peony50