rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I thought I would give a 24 hr fast a wee go

I have been doing IF for past few weeks at 16/8 with two meals but for some reason my weight loss had plateaud :( . Im not a great breakfast eater so stopped eating around 7pm and didnt eat to lunchtime the next day....

So doin the 24 hrs on water only was ok...... so I carried on and I am now at..... 42 hrs and I still feel ok. In fact I dont know if I am imagining things but I feel as sharp as a tack
Keto Blood reading 2.1
BG . 4.6

Im planning on going to 48hrs......

After reading and getting advice on here I think I need to cut down on fats to continue to lose weight. Any other advice readily accepted.

Been in the diet for 4 weeks today
15st 2lbs starting weight
13st 11lbs two days ago

cheers

Reactions: DJC3

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
When I had gastroenteritis I did a 48 hours without any problems. Just make sure you keep an eye on your BS levels. Flat lemonade came on my menu! Look at your portion size also. You may remember that you will not see the effect of your fasting for probably a couple of weeks.

Reactions: solu1956 and rab5

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
What the hell is goin on......?
45hrs 19 mins.... Fasting
I dont think I have felt better in years. I know this is personal to me but I am feeling great. Im suspicious that I,m goin to crash and burn. But the truth is I feel great!

Has anyone else felt like this on a fast. I know its not a long fast by some standards.

BG . 4.0
(Im not wasting money on a ketone test until I stop)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What the hell is goin on......?
45hrs 19 mins.... Fasting
I dont think I have felt better in years. I know this is personal to me but I am feeling great. Im suspicious that I,m goin to crash and burn. But the truth is I feel great!

Has anyone else felt like this on a fast. I know its not a long fast by some standards.

BG . 4.0
(Im not wasting money on a ketone test until I stop)
That's the mental clarity that fasting and keto can bring.. why do you think we do it? You seem to have got there amazingly quickly.. keep an eye on your liquids and salt especially and enjoy the rush!

Reactions: rab5

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
All good things come to an end.......... 49 hrs 45 mins later on water only.

I found it very rewarding and the mental clarity was brilliant. I think my keto blood readings at 2.1 is as far as my body will go I could be wrong.
My BG levels were: Today
4.7... after some excercise

Keto Blood Readings over two days:

So all in all I really enjoyed it. It was a pleasant experience apart from a slightly restless sleep last night but I dont know if that was a slight cold i have been fighting. Having said that it has totally cleared today. Perhaps nothing to do with the fast. Who knows

Anyways the adventure goes on

Reactions: OrsonKartt