3rd Blood Test results... a teeny bit chuffed

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to pick up my blood test results when I got back home from the US this morning... On dx in June 17 HbA1c was 111, in Sept (eating Low GI foods) 59... Sept to Feb incorporating LCHF where possible and trying to stay under 100g ... down to 45!

GP very pleased. Cholesterol was borderline where it miight have been a little better in Sept but he was absolutely not interested in that and wanted to focus purely on the BG levels and certainly not interested in prescribing me anything else.
Happy to take BP readings from home - wants me to have a repeat blood test in three months and to bring home readings in as I have white coat syndrome where my BP is concerned!

All in all... especially seeing as I numbers were all over the place in the US and weirdly for me in double figures on the flight home (then again it was American Airlines who I HATE HATE HATE flying with!) ....

Now... what to eat in my jetlagged state?

See sig below for updates

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! I’m smiling from a good visit to my GP today too!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good work @RFSMarch well earnt and great that it’s paid off. Good to hear too that your dr isn’t racing to put you on cholesterol meds.
I now always take 10 days of my home readings with me to reviews as my bp rises too at drs! Keeps me off the bp meds.
Well done and give yourself a pat on the back.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Great result, well done! It can't have been easy with all toing and froing.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great result, well done! It can't have been easy with all toing and froing.
I am not gonna lie... I was a little worried because of Christmas lapses and then the first tournament of the year, where I did my best but towards the end lapsed to the late night not-at-all healthy menu...

This trip to the US was awful for my bloods which is why I got it done before I went. But I think I have found a far more supportive GP at my practice who I think I want to stick with!