Long distance training and competition with type 1

Anders 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All,
My name is Anders and I live in Sweden, I am type 1 diabetic since 50 years this ýear. I am currently writing a book about, how to do long distance training and competition in a secure and scientifically proven way.
I am basing my book on studies and research that is currently being done by some medical doctors, professors and one diaetician in cooperation with a medical company. For myself I have been doing long distance racing nearly all my life. I am also a personal trainer.
I would just like to know what you would like to be included in a book of this sort, for you to consider reading it?
I would really appreciate your feedback in this matter. I am in the final process of this book, so your feedback would really be appreciated.

Al the best, Anders Forsberg

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Anders!
There are always lots of questions about exercise on this site so I guess there is an interest in the topic although type 1s who exercise are probably a smaller subset! Are you trying to make a profit or just offset costs of such a project?
For me exercise complicates things diabetic but I do it and am also a PT because it mitigates the cardiovascular complications of being diabetic! And I like it obviously...
I am now 47 and would typically now go to a blog or YouTube to find out answers but that may just be because I am partially sighted and struggle with paper books.

Good luck with your book and if you do it as an e-version please let this forum know...

Reactions: Juicyj

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would just like to know what you would like to be included in a book of this sort, for you to consider reading it?
For me I always want the science that backs up any claim or assumptions made in the book
Just dumb it down a bit I'm not that smart. ;)
:bag: