ARRGGHHHHHH CAN WE ALL BOMBARD LIDL PLEASE

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all, just had this reply to my enquiry as to the High Protein rolls.

If they are going to let the buyer know we should let them know what they mean to us

ear Mr Huyton

Re: Availability of Low GI roll / Multiseed Cob

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the above item.

This item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Fiona Duncan
Customer Service

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
[E] [email protected]

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information visit our website www.lidl.co.uk

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, just had this reply to my enquiry as to the High Protein rolls.

If they are going to let the buyer know we should let them know what they mean to us

ear Mr Huyton

Re: Availability of Low GI roll / Multiseed Cob

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the above item.

This item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Fiona Duncan
Customer Service

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
[E] [email protected]

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information visit our website www.lidl.co.uk
It is a good idea to do a quick search before posting. You would have found about 4 existing threads about the same thing.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They don't look like returning any time soon. I'm down to about 6 in the freezer and becoming more and more anxious ! I popped in again to my local store a few days ago just on the off chance but to no avail. A store rep said "no sir, we won't be getting any more of those". :(

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The point to make strongly is that the roles where the reason you shopped at Lidi and that without them you are unlikely to do any shopping there.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The point to make strongly is that the roles where the reason you shopped at Lidi and that without them you are unlikely to do any shopping there.

And that is actually pretty much true in my case, don't know about anyone else. I can't think of a reason to go to Lidl now, I expect I'll go back to getting most of my shopping from the Aldi which is a 2 minute drive from my Lidl.

Do you realise it isn't the low GI roll? It is the High Protein roll that we all want back. The low GI one has as many carbs as ordinary rolls.

Bizarrely when I contacted them about the High Protein Rolls months ago, I also got an email back which only mentioned the Low GI rolls, it was like they weren't actually sure what I was talking about.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I've just sent this message via their contact-us form. I was clear to make a distinction between the High Protein Rolls and the Low GI ones, as they seem to get confused. I agree it can't do any harm if we all bombard Lidl!

Hello,

I gather that you have stopped making the High Protein Rolls and may not have plans to re-introduce them at any point.

Please reconsider this. There is no other bread as low carb as these, they are a godsend for diabetics (they get mentioned and recommended on forums regularly), and I know other people who rave about them also.

The other rolls you do, the Low GI ones, are far higher in carbs and are not a substitute.

If sourcing / pricing is the reason for withdrawal, people are already mentioning on forums that they would be happy to pay more than the previous 29p per roll, because they are so unique.

I say this not in a belligerent way but simply as a statement of fact, but the rolls are so unique that they are the one thing which makes me shop in Lidl. As things stand, I will go back to getting most of my shopping in Aldi. I think other people, certainly diabetics, may have much less reason to visit Lidl now. It may make commercial sense to reintroduce this very unique item.

Regards,

Adam.

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
My local Lidl (Southend, Essex) still sell the high protein rolls. I bought a dozen this week. I believe they are made on the premises as I once had to wait 10 minutes as they were 'still too hot'

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My local Lidl (Southend, Essex) still sell the high protein rolls. I bought a dozen this week. I believe they are made on the premises as I once had to wait 10 minutes as they were 'still too hot'
They bake them all in the shop from frozen dough. I’d stockpile what you can, as when the dough has gone, it’s not being replaced. My three local shops are all out of it now.