High HbA1c

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Alexandra, he’s just said he was told he doesn’t go low ever only high so no comas? I don’t know what’s right and what’s wrong! Tia
Unless he has been wearing a Libre meter, how could they know? In any case, for me not being able to feel my hands would almost be worse than dying in a coma. Unfortunately denial is a very powerful and unconscious strategy for bearing the unbearable. Not much you can do about that, except create and cherish your own independant life.

myracat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It does indeed taste coconutty! It’s strange I wasn’t keen on coconut before I went low carb. My tastes have changed, I wasn’t keen on sweet peppers either but enjoy them now too!
I have a huge bag of coconut flour in the cupboard, any good recipes for that please?

myracat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Unless he has been wearing a Libre meter, how could they know? In any case, for me not being able to feel my hands would almost be worse than dying in a coma. Unfortunately denial is a very powerful and unconscious strategy for bearing the unbearable. Not much you can do about that, except create and cherish your own independant life.
Because he had a little book from the diabetes nurse (who was a year ago anti low carbing, I haven't seen her since)! And all the anomalies on there at testing were higher never lower if that makes sense

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a huge bag of coconut flour in the cupboard, any good recipes for that please?
Oh I’m sorry the coconut porridge is the only recipe I regularly use with coconut flour. Most of the baked stuff I make uses almond flour instead except I use ground almonds as they are cheaper!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And all the anomalies on there at testing were higher never lower if that makes sense
Yes, but without continuous testing he can have no idea what happens to his bg while he is asleep at night. And in any case dangerously high bg can also lead to a coma. This is from the Mayo Clinic:

"A diabetic coma is a life-threatening diabetes complication that causes unconsciousness. If you have diabetes, dangerously high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) or dangerously low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) can lead to a diabetic coma.
If you lapse into a diabetic coma, you're alive — but you can't awaken or respond purposefully to sights, sounds or other types of stimulation. Left untreated, a diabetic coma can be fatal."

I don't want to insist on the coma idea, there are enough horrible things that can happen to an uncontrolled T2 without that.