Advice needed

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Inchindown - If you shop effectively by the day (I think that's what you're saying in terms of throwing excess away), does it really matter if you have one big meal, or do you have extra supplies to binge on, because you know it'll happen?

Reactions: Inchindown

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
can you give us an idea of what your breakfast is, and when you have your breakfast and lunch? It could be that you need a mid morning something, or a bigger breakfast, or an earlier lunch?

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@Inchindown - If you shop effectively by the day (I think that's what you're saying in terms of throwing excess away), does it really matter if you have one big meal, or do you have extra supplies to binge on, because you know it'll happen?
I don't usually binge on anything I have in the house. I shop once a week and buy everything i will eat for the week except what i would need for lunch. I then shop for lunch on a daily basis.

When I get the irresistible urge to binge I go to the local shop and buy my bingeing stuff. On a good day I will have a normal lunch, but on a bad day I will buy a bag of my favourite binge stuff.

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
can you give us an idea of what your breakfast is, and when you have your breakfast and lunch? It could be that you need a mid morning something, or a bigger breakfast, or an earlier lunch?
My breakfast is usually either a bowl of porridge or some yogurt. I have been known to have 3 scrambled eggs on occasion.

I normally have my breakfast at around 7am. I don't really have a fixed time for lunch. It could be between 11am and 1pm.

If I have a binge I don't have a separate lunch.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
porridge or some yogurt
porridge - plain carbs with low GI.
yogurt - depends on the type, but majority you can buy has over 10g of carbs and limited to no fat - see the label.

Find something other. Insulin resistence is higher in the morning than during the day, so to start it with high carbs meal is to shoot whole day.

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
I thought I was reading about me then inchindown, it is scary that you are writing exactly what is going wrong with me although my binge times vary from day to day and whether I am bored or not. To get round things I used to take the dogs out for a long walk but I lost one almost a year ago and the other one is 10yrs old now and only likes to potter round so we don't go far. I do not really live in a safe area to go out on my own, I don't drive so can't get to places very easily, I have to look after my 2 grandchildren 3 days a week and it is such a temptation when they are here to eat any rubbish I can get hold of. Perhaps we need to set a group up for like minded people who suffer from the black demons as I like to call it. When this happens my depression will set in as well for some time if it is really bad so bombarded from all sides. It is horrible when it is uncontrollable isn't it?

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too have the odd "binge", usually when I am stressed about something. My husband isn't supportive and we shop, cook and eat separately now I am diabetic and he eats all the things I can't so they are always there in front of me. Do you have anyone you could ring when you feel the urge to binge as that helps?. If you didn't need to go to the shop and you could ring someone who understood and just chat to stop you from eating might that help? We might be able to start a support group here! Bingeing most days will harm you long term.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My breakfast is usually either a bowl of porridge or some yogurt. I have been known to have 3 scrambled eggs on occasion.

I normally have my breakfast at around 7am. I don't really have a fixed time for lunch. It could be between 11am and 1pm.

If I have a binge I don't have a separate lunch.
you need more than that for breakfast, and plenty of protein to keep you going. The 3 eggs to start with is good. Do you know about how some people (including me) crave carbs and can get real carb binging highs? Just like alcoholics do. There are ways round this. Once you get on top of your carb intake, the cravings and need to binge reduces considerably.