Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, 11.3 today. So up and down these figures. Yesterday, I got going and managed to go out twice for a walk in the sunshine which was lovely. Perhaps having a sweet potato was too many carbs, I thought a daily total of 35g would be ok, trial and error I guess.

JanetMcDowell

There seems to be a theme this morning, quite a few advocating the medicinal use of red wine.
It’s good enough for me - we’re off to the theatre today so will definitely have a glass or 2 later.
It’s good that red wine is medicinal. Could come with problems if you take too much medicine or at the wrong time. Same with any medicine I suppose.

Reactions: DJC3 and bigjim19

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 today :)
I had Chinese takeaway last weekend, I chose crispy duck, I ate all the meat, cucumber, spring onions but just had two of the tiny pancakes and a smidge of the sauce. Showed a rise of 0.6mmols after 2 hours, with fbs next day of 5.7 so not too bad a choice.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today
I had my first pasta dish for dinner yesterday since being diagnosed in December plus a night out at a show which included red wine (1 glass) prosecco (3 glasses) and a packet of crisps (succumbed due to alcohol ) and I threw in a few salted peanuts for good measure so I'm surprised it wasn't higher (and quite chuffed).