What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today which seems a little high but the monthly average fbg stays @ 5.25 so ok for now. Lots of chopping and changing between eating windows, OMAD and sub 20 to 35+ gms of carb this month whereas usually quite settled patterns. Running average 5.3 so change may be useful overall even if some short term readings not fully to my taste.
Longish post but other people may find perspective useful.
Edit: I would think I am looking at an HbAIc in June of about 38 based on trend and 33 if that average stayed the same. My fbg is remarkably similar to average of HbA1c results. Again, just for longer term perspective if that helps newer members if not no offence taken! (May have set myself up for a big fall with those numbers)

Last edited:

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ianspurs, what is omad and Ziggy, poor you hope u get better soon, you are managing to keep your numbers quite low despite being ill so well done

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol - do u do that regularly? How do you find it works re: hunger and also with bg? Is it an intermittent thing you do?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol - do u do that regularly? How do you find it works re: hunger and also with bg? Is it an intermittent thing you do?
@flexi06 just started trying it to see the effects. Many on here are much more expert on this and would probably give more detail (if they read this post they may well reply). Hunger is not really an issue and effects on my bg not clear ,although yesterday- after doing it with plenty of exercise Saturday - fbg was 5 - lowest since 10th but I have been mid 4 without so can't say it works based on that. Hope that helps
Edit: Some days it just happens e.g. Mother's day. Those days seem to work best - no stress I guess as not a deliberate choice.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning ianspurs. Thanks for the encouragement. I suspect that my longer term trends are not going to improve until I can resume my exercise. Waiting to see if the spinal injections can help me to get moving again. Missing my country walks and the aqua aerobics I used to do twice per week. :( Being a :couchpotato: doesn't suit me at all. I am determined not to be beaten. Just have to be patient for a while longer. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
. I am determined not to be beaten. Just have to be patient for awhile longer. :)
@dogslife Good morning to you too - cracking morning here by the way. Patience is a virtue and I hope your problems are sorted as soon as possible and you can resume those activities you clearly enjoy. Stress is a big player in this condition but telling someone not to stress is so often like a red rag to a bull:angelic:

Reactions: flexi06

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@dogslife Good morning to you too - cracking morning here by the way. Patience is a virtue and I hope your problems are sorted as soon as possible and you can resume those activities you clearly enjoy. Stress is a big player in this condition but telling someone not to stress is so often like a red rag to a bull:angelic:
Thank you again, ianspurs. Enjoy your good weather, fine views and country air---a great combination for raising the spirits. :)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh ok thanks Ianspurs will keep that info in the bank for the future- I have sort of accidentally ended up doing lchf- it just sort of evolved by itself. I’m quite extreme by nature- a bit all or nothing- but I will need to “ moderate” my portion sizes. Apart from my weekend away, I seem to be on a downward slope Re bg numbers but I expect that will plateau at some point. I appreciate your info and help. Lexi

Reactions: ziggy_w and Prem51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m quite extreme by nature- a bit all or nothing- but I will need to “ moderate” my portion sizes. Lexi
@flexi06 You are most welcome and I learned so much from others on here 3 years ago. Love the name Lexi btw (sound like a creepy old man there, sorry) All or nothing, portion sizes I really have seen that movie before. My daily routine usually involves a huge lunchtime salad filling a family size serving bowl with salad plus avocado, mackerel, chia seeds and sometimes flaxseed as well - I used to eat mountains of potato, pasta and rice - hence why I am here:)

Reactions: rom35

Ragmar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Normally it's in the 4's but I suspect it's higher this morning because my room mate came back from his trip to America with so many goodies and I tried a few of them haha.

Anyway 8.00 am here in Canada. Have a good day/night everyone