Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not telling what to eat or how to eat,
Raw spinach is completely different taste to cooked, it's not so different to lettuce.

I read something a while back about the health benefits of raw vegetables in promoting a healthy liver helping it regenerate itself and increasing its ability to function at full capacity.

Taking into account the fatty liver argument of T2 it seemed to easy a health benefit, not to give it a try.
And Popeye swears by the stuff.;)
:bag:
I have to try and avoid too much raw veg for thyroid health. :( However I'll give it a go when I'm around spinach thou. I like crunchy lettuce.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
Its worrying that low carbing has made you anemic. I didnt know that was a side effect : (((((
I'm anaemic too. I don't know if it's due to low carbing though. I'm seeing a haematologist in may to find out the cause.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I havent eaten so many things since starting low carb. I've cut out loads of nutrients but I lost weight. Not intentionally. I look back and I eat less of everything. Remember I'm a big person so beef and veg would supply enough iron normally but I'm big so need more but i 'm feeding my body too little nutrients. If I add those foods back, I'll never lose weight. :(
I know what I need to eat to lose weight but end up running out of food, every month. Then to reintroduce nuts, cheese, cream and other luxuries I'd run out even sooner.
I'm feeling much more lively on iron supplements so I've been low for a while.
Having a back appointment in April so hoping for a scan to see where the problem is. I stopped metformin 2 days ago and no diarrhea any more. Hugely more energy too.
Maybe diarrhea has being flushing my nutrients too. A bad combination.
Dieting when suffering with severe diarrhea. Common sense tells me not to but I'm desperate to lose weight. I need more weight off before op as op only does so much. I have to do the rest. It takes 2yrs after op to settle weight. A long job. Not like people think.
My friend had a gastric sleeve and is now seriously anaemic, she also gained the 5 stone she originally lost back. She's now on the Cambridge diet and has lost the 5 stone again but still needs to lose another 5 stone. Her sister joined her on the Cambridge diet and is now at her goal weight. I don't know how long for though as she's eating chocolate like it's going out of fashion..she ate 3 doughnuts and a cream egg for breakfast today!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My friend had a gastric sleeve and is now seriously anaemic, she also gained the 5 stone she originally lost back. She's now on the Cambridge diet and has lost the 5 stone again but still needs to lose another 5 stone. Her sister joined her on the Cambridge diet and is now at her goal weight. I don't know how long for though as she's eating chocolate like it's going out of fashion..she ate 3 doughnuts and a cream egg for breakfast today!
She's having serious carb cravings. Poor woman. Even none diabetics get them.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
GP treating me with iron tablets. You?
Yes, I started taking them last week but gp said it can take up to 8 weeks before you feel better.