Sensor Error

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Freestyle Libre sensor has given me the error message for 24 hrs now. Is it dead?
297206e4b1eb610285a9d9ed3248d105.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I should ring the Abbott helpline immediately, and ask for advice from their Customer Services.
They will suggest a few things to try,and may send you out a new sensor/reader depending on the outcome.

Don't bother with an email - you will get a much better response by phone. :)

Reactions: mountaintom

justadad

Happens quite often. Nothing serious in my experience. Goes back to normal within 10-15 minutes. Some say it is due to quick changes in the readings, but I can't confirm that.

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Had one of those early on, the final 3 days of its lifetime were sporadic at best where it became barely more useful than finger pricking,

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happens quite often. Nothing serious in my experience. Goes back to normal within 10-15 minutes. Some say it is due to quick changes in the readings, but I can't confirm that.

24 hrs so far

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Give Abbotts a call. They will ask a few questions and send a new sensor out (usually within 24 hours)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just ring abbott and they will send you an replacement out although it may take a couple of weeks due to high demand in orders i waited about a fortnight .sometimes it does correct itself but after 24 hrs id say its give up the ghost

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Keep the old sensor as they'll probabaly ask you to send it back in a reply paid envelope.