Bulletproof?

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, sorry, but you are obviously behind the times.
This is for the trend setters... :D
and yes, I have tried it, and yes, it is delicious! lol.

https://www.ruled.me/keto-pumpkin-pie-spice-latte/
Dreadfully behind the times, @Brunneria, and a disaster as a trendsetter, whereas you are Awesome in having tried an Avolatte. Did it not spill out of the shell thingy?! I Am A Failed Hipster. :mad::D (Actually, can us girls be hipsters? I've only seen blokes described as such.) That pumpkin pie spice latte looks yummy, and I'm thinking of p-p spice in a mock-up hot cross bun (if I can find the stuff) - have you got round to making them this year?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
A tablespoon of butter is about 12g :)

Tried weighing it this morning.

It looks as though the heaped teaspoon can be anything from 10 grams upwards.
If the butter is firm and I am enthusiastic it could be twice that much.

Reactions: Brunneria

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I make something similar with cocoa powder, coconut oil and coconut manna with erythritol for a bit of sweetness and sometimes a few drops of peppermint oil. I have a chocolate mould which divides it up for me.

But, I prefer to eat mine...:D:wideyed:

Robbity
It is in fact very easy to eat in the frozen state. I too, also prefer to eat rather than drink the "bullet proof" ingredients.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have read that some start their day with bulletproof coffee, and that it contains double cream and coconut oil. I have made a cup just now using good quality instant coffee, a generous measure of double cream and a heaped teaspoon of coconut oil. I like the cup I have just made. It tastes lovely, but am I doing it right?

Also, is there any info on other bulletproof food or drink that you would recommend please?
To cg

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is in fact very easy to eat in the frozen state. I too, also prefer to eat rather than drink the "bullet proof" ingredients.
It is TOO easy to eat. I made your bulletproof squares yesterday @LouWilk059, with unsweetened desiccated coconut. This is now my new BFF choc fat-bomb wotsit, over the choc peanut squares from dietdoctor. I put a bit of salt into the mix and it really is fab. It looks like freezing them isn't going to help much with not scoffing the whole lot :angelic:

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
It is TOO easy to eat. I made your bulletproof squares yesterday @LouWilk059, with unsweetened desiccated coconut. This is now my new BFF choc fat-bomb wotsit, over the choc peanut squares from dietdoctor. I put a bit of salt into the mix and it really is fab. It looks like freezing them isn't going to help much with not scoffing the whole lot :angelic:
Glad you like it! I keep it in freezer because "out of sight, out of mind". Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Glad you like it! I keep it in freezer because "out of sight, out of mind". Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
My husband made too much low-carb ganache for my birthday cake last week, so we poured the remainder into mini-muffin silicon moulds and stuck it in the freezer. A few hours later and we had popped out loads of giant chocolate "buttons". Two of them in a cup of de3cent black coffee creates a lovely mocha!

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds wonderful Would coconut flour be okay in this recipe?
I use almond or coconut flour or flaxseed and its yummy.
Word of warning about bulletproof (I make it with coconut oil and butter btw), if you overdo the oil you may get what Dave Asprey (the inventor) calls 'disaster pants' (rousers in English but would apply to underwear too!). Just go easy. Other than that its good stuff if it keeps you full up without raising your bgs!

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I prefer my coffee black, so I make bulletproof marmite and oxo drinks instead :) I mix butter into mine with a stick blender, which emulsifies the fat and makes the whole drink creamy.

Oh... my... life! I just tried your bulletproof Marmite @Mel dCP... It's amazing! What a revelation! Thank you so much! (I'm going for a lie-down now to see if I can get over my over-use of exclamation marks!)

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two more minutes and it's bulletproof Marmite time @Mel dCP ! Now, what to do in that time..? What have you done to me?!

:)

darenu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I do a BP hot chocolate, Almond Milk, raw cacao, cinnamon, butter, coconut oil and a small amount of 90% dark chocolate for added sweetness. Warm it up in a pan and then blend. Very creamy and great during the recent cold spells.