Insulin pump

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im choosing the same, and i much prefer the medtronic but thats almost purely on the design and handset bc i found the omnipod one so slow and annoying and i just know that would bug me so much! The omnipod is clearly a better choice if you play a contact sport like rugby though. It really depends on the activities that you do in your day to day life

Lois_x_x_greener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
im choosing the same, and i much prefer the medtronic but thats almost purely on the design and handset bc i found the omnipod one so slow and annoying and i just know that would bug me so much! The omnipod is clearly a better choice if you play a contact sport like rugby though. It really depends on the activities that you do in your day to day life

Thank you I don’t play sports at all so the Medtronic will be best thank you

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can’t rlly put an opinion on the omnipod but I have the Medtronic pump and I love it!! It might seem a bit ‘in the way’ at first but you do get used to it quite quickly actually

paigerobbo_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m a bit late to this but I have the omnipod and I love it. I can’t compare it to the Medtronic pump because I’ve never had it but I love the omnipod because of the fact it has no wires or tubes, personally I think it makes life so much easier x

Reactions: matthew@castro

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you have problems with lots of hypo's you really want the 640g with the CGM to use the insulin suspend feature when the sensor detect's low blood sugars. Since I've had the CGM+640g I've not had a hypo in the last 5 years before pump I used to get 1+ hypos per month.

Last edited: